7:10 p.m. — Lloyd Smith advised a deer ran into his 2013 Ford Fiesta as he drove near North Elementary School. The driver’s side mirror was busted.
6:58 p.m. — Jenny Martinez, 1502 McCormick Ave., reported a break-in on Saturday. Several items were taken.
4:40 p.m. — Brittney Clark reported her husband’s 2011 Chevrolet Silverado was struck while in the Liquidator’s parking lot. There was damage to the rear bumper and driver’s side of the bed.
2:58 p.m. — An employee of Dollar General Store, 900 W. Nat’l Hwy., requested an officer for male and female shoplifters.
8:17 a.m. — An employee of Circle K, 401 E. Nat’l Hwy., reported an accident in their parking lot. A field report was made.
5:56 p.m. — An Elnora resident reported someone had been using her Discover card without permission. An officer spoke with her about her options.
4:44 p.m. — Dispatch received a report of an accident at the river bridge on CR 150N. Two subjects fled on foot and a K-9 unit was requested from the city to track them. A female was transported to the Daviess Community Hospital ER. The driver will be long-formed.
4:42 p.m. — An unresponsive subject was reported in a black Tahoe on CR 725S east of SR 257. Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department reported the subject was intoxicated. The vehicle was pushed off the side of the road and the subject’s spouse was contacted to get it. The subject was transported to the ER and will be long-formed.
3:40 p.m. — A caller reported a possible meth lab on CR 1100E.
3:01 p.m. — A caller requested to speak with an officer about identity theft.
1:06 a.m. — Heather L. Tuell, 25, Odon, was eastbound on the U.S. 50 bypass when a deer ran into the path of her 2003 Chevrolet Malibu near Troy Road and she was unable to avoid hitting it. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
Jail Population: 154
- Local News
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County The Indiana State Trauma Care Committee, the State of Indiana Director of Homeland Security and the Indiana EMS Commission has a recognized Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes as an "In process" Level III Trauma Center. That new designation combined
- Wednesday's Police Report CITY REPORT Wednesday 1:14 p.m. - John Johnson, 605 S.E. 11th St., reported his van had been vandalized. 10:45 a.m. - Power outages were reported near Oakwood trailer park after a semi trailer struck a pole and took out power lines. Tuesday 5:49 p.m.
- Lena Dunn gearing up for Fall Fiesta Lena Dunn Elementary is gearing up for its second annual Fall Fiesta, a family event that will serve as the chief fundraiser for the school. Last year, school staff, parents and PTO members organized the carnival-style event that will again feature f
- Loogootee reports high ISTEP scores LOOGOOTEE — Loogootee students scored above the state average in 15 of 19 areas during the spring ISTEP tests. So reported curriculum/technology coordinator Mike Tippery to the Loogootee School Board Tuesday night. In four areas, the students test sc
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014This year you could alternate between nurturing and critical. If people start acting a little crazy around you, it might be in direct response to the mixed vibes you’re sending. Try to get some feedback. You
- Road project brings county and Amish community closer A big road project through eastern Daviess County is doing more than just widening a road. "The working relationship between the county and the Amish community these days is really good," said county Highway Superintendent Phil Cornelius. "In fact I'
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 10:52 a.m. - An employee of St. Vincent de Paul, 815 E. Main St., reported a box of bullets was found in a drop-off box. The bullets were confiscated. 12:03 a.m. - An employee of McDonald's, 1450 E. Nat'l Hwy., said two people wer
- Seidel, Norton improving after kidney transplant Less than a month ago, Jane Seidel and Nakia Norton were preparing for their lives to be forever changed when Seidel received Norton's kidney, but now, weeks later, the two Washington women never imagined how the community would come together to supp
- Suspect runs from county warrant The Daviess County Sheriff's Department SWAT team was called in for assistance Monday evening in the search for a fugitive. At approximately 4:55 p.m., the SWAT team was assembled to back up and help in the pursuit of Daniel R. Butler, 42, Washington
- More Local News Headlines