Sign up for foot care
The Daviess Community Hospital “Neat Feet Clinic” will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. May 10, at Senior and Family Service. Cost is $25 and appointments must be made by calling 254-8855.
Days for Red Cross drives
The Daviess County Chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring the following blood drives in May.
They include: May 9 — Washington Catholic High School, 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. May 17 — Daviess Community Hospital, 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 30 — Walmart, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. May 30 — Free Methodist Church, 1155 Troy Rd., 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Blood donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health, and cannot have given blood in the past 56 days. The Red Cross is especially low on Type O+ and O-, but all types are desperately needed.
Beulah yard sale on Saturday
The Beulah Church’s annual yard sale will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Dunbar School Community Building, 809 W. Walnut St.
The Tom and Trish Miller Scholarship is currently being offered. One scholarship will be given this year. Criteria: Graduating senior of WHS, GPA of 2.5 after 7 semesters, pursuing a degree in the field of education, minimum Core 40 diploma, evidence that student has participated in some type of “teaching” experience while in high school, and strong attendance record. Deadline is May 8.
Bible study at Grace Grace Baptist Church, 418 Highland Ave., has begun a study of Romans on Sunday nights at 6 p.m. If you do not have a church home, or your church does not have a Sunday evening service, you are welcome to attend.
Grace Baptist is best known for solid Bible teaching under the leadership of Pastor Louis Showers.
In addition, the church’s youth ministry for ages 3 through 6th grade, known as Kidsville, meets in the downstairs fellowship hall at the same time, from 6 to 7 p.m.
A reminder about grass bags
The Washington Street Department does not pick up bagged grass, bagged leaves or bagged yard waste. They will take call-in orders for limbs only. Bagged grass, leaves and yard waste may be brought to the Street Department/Recycling Center at 2200 Memorial Ave. Call the Street Department at 254-4564 with any questions.
Hydrant flushing for today
Flush Sugarland Road from N.E. 21st Street to the airport. Also being flushed will be Morningside Drive, Terrace Park Drive, Bedford Road from N.E. 21st Street to end of line at Graber Construction. Also included are Parkdale, Wagner Avenue, Vista Lane and Brett Cabel Road from N.E. 12th Street to Sugarland Road. Also affected will be Douglas Drive and Sugarland Estates, Bean Drive, Todd Drive, Briarwood Drive, Crestwood Drive and SR 57N to end of line. Also included is Bedford Road from N.E. 21st Street to CR 100E, Glenwood Drive, Piankeshaw Drive, Ridge Road, Dogwood Drive, White Ridge Lane, Sunrise Drive, Wayside Drive, Park Road, U.S. 50E to Waller Drive. Also affected will be Industrial Drive.
Sign up for foot care
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City