Pet pics at Jamestown
Jamestown Square Apartments will host a pet picture day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your furry best friend for fun and photos.
Because certain breeds do not adjust well in social setting, no pitbulls, dobermans, rotweilers, akitas or chows.
‘Drug Take Back’ slated
There will be a Drug Take Back Event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday.
Bring in expired or unused prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, needles and inhalers to be properly disposed.
Collection sites are Washington Fire Dept., 200 Harned Ave., Washington, and Odon Volunteer Fire Dept, 625 W. Elnora St., Odon.
RTL banquet on Oct. 4
Daviess County Right to Life has announced the speaker for the 2012 Right To Life Banquet on Oct. 4 will be Jennifer Polimino of Denver Colo.
The banquet will be held at Simon J. Graber Building off the Odon/Cannelburg Road. Jennifer is the President and Founder of www.PrayForYourBaby.com an online organization/ministry that helps and encourages parents to live godly lives, pray for their children and prepare them for parenthood.
For more information you may contact Louis Kavanaugh Jr. at 486-3658 or Delores Padgett at 295-2720. For more information go to the Right To Life web site at www.daviesscountyrtl.com
Reservations are needed for the banquet before Oct. 1.
Allisons to hold reunion
The descendants of Joseph and Mary Ragsdale Allison will hold their 47th reunion at noon Sunday at Eastside Park screened-in pavilion.
Bring a well-filled basket. For more information, call Lisa at email@example.com.
Pet pics at Jamestown
- Local News
Snow removal keeps crews busy
Road and street crews are still out trying to clear the way for motorists following several days of snow and ice. About 10 inches of snow has fallen on Daviess County in the past week putting road clearing crews to the test.
Gas explosion near Odon sends man to hospital
ODON -- A natural gas explosion at Green City Cabinets just outside of Odon Saturday sent one man to the hospital to be treated for burns. Owners of the family owned and operated business said that a natural gas leak inside the engine building caused
Tuesday's police report
CITY REPORT Monday 11:46 a.m. - Haley Weddle said the stereo to her SUV was stolen while parked at Walmart Supercenter, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, overnight. Sunday 4:07 p.m. - Daviess County Sheriff's dispatched relayed a call of a gas leak at 501 N.W. 11
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Shooting plays out on social media
The shooting of teenager Devan Burris has stirred emotions in family members of the young man and by those in connection with allegedly killing him. Burris, 17, was a soon-to-be father and girlfriend Kelly Fisher remembered him as a kind-hearted youn
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- More Local News Headlines
- Snow removal keeps crews busy