2:31 p.m. — A female caller reported someone egged her car at 1005 W. Main St.
7:29 a.m. — Scott Fleck, 825 SE Third St., advised someone siphoned half a tank of gas from his vehicle while it was parked in his driveway overnight.
7:04 p.m. — Katherine Patterson advised her 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt was keyed down the passenger side while it was parked at 520 SE Second St.
6:09 p.m. — A female reported a young juvenile male was riding a four-wheeler at Coronado and Lynwood streets. An officer located and spoke to the juvenile and his mother, advising them of the ordinance and to keep the ATV off the road.
1:44 p.m. — William J. Thombleson came into the security center to report a theft.
4:25 p.m. — Cheyenne R. John, 16, Montgomery, was driving east on U.S. 50E in a 1992 Chevrolet Camaro registered to Darrin and Amanda John when she ran off the south side of the road near CR 300W. She struck the guard rail and the vehicle flipped several times and came to rest on its top. John complained of head pain and was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by Southwest Medical. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
2:56 p.m. — Rachel A. Wichman, 21, Washington, was stopped facing north at the stop sign at the intersection of CRs 200E and 100N in a 1999 Pontiac Montana registered to the Catholic Diocese of Evansville. She was preparing to make a left turn and, as she started to pull into the intersection, she stopped suddenly to avoid a vehicle passing through. Jennifer R. McGregor, 34, Plainville, was stopped behind Wichman in a 2007 Kia Sportage and accelerated as well, but she couldn’t stop in time to avoid a rear-end collision when the Pontiac braked.
No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500. McGregor was cited for driving while suspended infraction, but she stated she thought the suspension had been lifted. A deputy advised her if she could provide documentation of the reinstatement he would provide a supplemental crash report and void the citation.
Kenneth Blain Clark, 47, Washington, was arrested Sunday by sheriff’s deputies for battery. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,000 bond.
Christina R. Detty, 33, Washington, was arrested by city police Sunday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and OVWI/endangering a person. She was held on $4,000 bond.
Brandon John Auberry, 25, Washington, was arrested Saturday by sheriff’s deputies for OVWI/prior. He was released on $2,500 bond.
Alva Wayne Raber, 24, Loogootee, was arrested Friday by sheriff’s deputies for resisting law enforcement. He was released on $5,000 bond.
Jail Population: 153
Police Report for Tuesday
- Local News
- Commissioner announces run for re-election Daviess County Commissioner Larry Wilson will run for re-election to the District 2 seat. Wilson, who was first elected in 2009 is seeking a second term in office. "Filing doesn't start until Janurary 8," said Wilson, "but I wanted to go ahead and le
- Blazing its own trail There's a new club in town. Trail Life USA won't officially kick off until the start of the new year, but Jamie Bass and others involved with the organization that meets each Tuesday evening at the Elnora Christian Church wanted to get things rolling
- A light in the darkness The local chapter of Compassionate Friends, a group established in 1968 to help those grieving the loss of a child, grandchild or sibling, will be hosting its 6th annual remembrance and candle lighting event Sunday at the Montgomery Ruritan Building.
- Sports Briefs Vikings split two with Washington MONTGOMERY — The seventh grade Barr-Reeve girls basketball team defeated Washington Monday night 34-21 to improve its record to 3-2. The Vikings were led by Kara Hughes with 12 points and Moriah Bullock had eight poi
- Current construction on I-69 creating unique challenges For the past year motorists driving south on I-69 have been able to nearly reach the Ohio River before running out of highway, but the brakes come on quickly when people hit the Crane exit going north. The Indiana Department of Transportation is work
- Police Report CITY POLICE REPORTS Monday 5:38 p.m. - A woman came to the police station and said someone had taken her Christmas Club check for $360 and cashed it. 7:48 p.m. - Police received a report from Chuckles at 201 NE 5th St. that someone in a Grand Prix dr
- Area Briefs CORRECTION The headline under the photo of the "Children's Nutcracker" gave the wrong date for the performance. The date should be Sunday, Dec. 8. Leaf pick up in Area 1 The Washington Street Department will begin leaf pick up in Area 1 today. WC Pr
- Shopping season off to hot start for small retailers The first weekend of the holiday shopping season is in the books and many small retailers in the Washington area are feeling very positive about their outlook. With Black Friday and Small Business Saturday past and the annual Christmas Parade on the
- Funerals CAROLINE ARMES -- The funeral for Caroline M. Armes was at 11 a.m. Saturday at Bethel South United Methodist Church, with Bruce Mowery and Dean Stuckey officiating. Burial was in Bethel Cemetery. Pallbearers were Ashley Armes, John Atkinson, Jay John
- Benefit for Wayne Wagler There will be benefit lunch on Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon for Wayne Wagler, who suffered a critical head injury in August. Call from pickup or delivery from the Zion Church, CR 900E. The menu includes: chicken, green beans, potato salad and cooki
- More Local News Headlines