1:20 p.m. — Wendy Wise said while her vehicle was parked at Prairie Village, 801 SR 57S, someone hit it. A report was made.
10:42 a.m. — An employee of Daviess Community Hospital said a man was in the hospital’s ER after a motorcycle accident. The accident occurred at 415 W. Flora St. the night before.
7:55 a.m. — Jolene Mize, 303 Southside Ave., reported the theft of a tablet computer and a gaming console from her home. The suspects could have used an open bathroom window to gain entry.
11:47 p.m. — A caller said there was suspicious vehicle and the smell of anhydrous ammonia from the White River Co-Op in Elnora. Deputies investigated the area, and nothing was found.
11:16 a.m. — A deputy was called by a caller on 401 S.W. 11th St., over a mailbox placement dispute between neighbors. The dispute was resolved.
6:18 a.m. — A caller said coal trucks were going down Elnora streets because the highway was closed.
Stephanie Marlowe, 30, Washington, was arrested by city police Thursday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person. She was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $4,000 bond.
Antonio Barraja, 55, Florida, was arrested by city police Friday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person. He was being held on $4,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 160
- Local News
One dead in early morning shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
One dead after shooting
Police remain on the scene of an early morning shooting that left one person dead. Washington City Police say they received a complaint of a male subject being shot and that the victim was later pronounced dead at Daviess Community Hospital.
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- Ritz talks education changes Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz stopped by Washington High School Thursday afternoon and discussed changes she hopes will be implemented to change the face of education in the state. Dr. Dan Roach, superintendent of Washington Schoo
CITY REPORT Thursday 7:27 a.m. - Police received a report from Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone just drove off without paying for $55.03 in gas.
9:07 a.m. - A resident at 505 Jefferson St. reported someone slashed all four tires on her
- Friday's Area Briefs Commissioners to meet Monday Daviess County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse. Items included on the agenda: interlocal agreement; community corrections report; US 50/SR 257 intersection safety peti
- Colts trying to live in the moment heading into Sunday Live in the moment. That's the game plan for the Indianapolis Colts heading into this afternoon's road game with the Cincinnati Bengals (1 p.m., CBS Sports). With an 8-4 overall record and an AFC South mark of 4-0, the Colts can clinch the division t
- Floraellen McClellan PETERSBURG -- Floraellen McClellan, 95, died at 1:15 p.m. Wednesday at Golden Living Center. Born July 23, 1918, in Monroe City, she was the daughter of James W. and Dezzie M. (Rice) Jones. She was a member of the Women of the Moose in Washington. Sh
- Charlotte Miles PETERSBURG -- Charlotte Marie Miles, 78, died Wednesday at Amber Manor. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Curtis Funeral Home in Winslow, with Rev. Larry Barr officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Visitation is after 10 a.m.
- More Local News Headlines
- One dead in early morning shooting