Due to the extreme heat, Mayor Joe Wellman has announced a free swim day today at Waterworld of Washington. Operating hours are 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for the adult swim and 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. for anyone.
DC Commissioners to meet Monday
Daviess County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Room at the courthouse. Items included on the agenda: blighted property; grant application; driving policy committee; board appointments.
Mom-to-Mom to meet Monday
Mom-to-Mom is a community breastfeeding support group sponsored by Indiana WIC and the Pregnancy Care Center.
The monthly meeting will be Monday, 6 p.m., at the Pregnancy Care Center, 705 Troy Road, Washington.
The topic will be “Breastfeeding: Best for Baby and for Mom.” Bring a simple snack to share. Drinks will be provided. Earn Baby Bucks, Precious Rewards, or Mommy Money vouchers for attending. Questions or concerns may be directed to Rebecca Moeller 812-259-5620 call/text.
Area briefs for Friday
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Police should get used to being under GPS microscope Somebody needs to tell certain police unions that the "privacy-is-dead" reality applies to them as well as the rest of us. Police departments, with the full support of their unionized workforces, have enthusiastically embraced technology that increas
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
One dead in early morning shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
One dead after shooting
Police remain on the scene of an early morning shooting that left one person dead. Washington City Police say they received a complaint of a male subject being shot and that the victim was later pronounced dead at Daviess Community Hospital.
- More Local News Headlines