The Washington Redevelopment Commission will meet at 4:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: election of officers.
Castle tour at library
All fans of the PBS drama will want to attend the visual tour of Highclere Castle, the real Downton Abbey, with Rick Chambon at the Washington Carnegie Public Library, 300 W. Main St.
The program will be presented at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14, at the library. For additional information, or to register for the program, call the library at 254-4586. This event is free and open to the public.
School board meeting
Washington Community Schools board will hold a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday to swear in elected members and elect officers.
Planning Commission meeting
The Washington Planning Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: final plat approval for subdivision on south side of U.S. 50 and S.E. 21st St.; request for variance for building facade and screening requirements for addition to MacAllister Machinery Co.; discussion of I-69 overlay zone.
- Local News
- Man injured in motorcycle accident ELNORA — An Elnora man is in fair condition following a motorcycle accident on SR 358 Wednesday. At 5:38 p.m. - Rick DeMoss, 58, 2662E 1100N, was riding a 2008 Harley-Davidson motorcycle east on SR 358 near CR 25W when he missed a curve, causing the
- Harbstreit named president of Indiana Sheriff's Association When Daviess County Sheriff Jerry Harbstreit went to the National Sheriff's Association conference in Texas earlier this month he was the Indiana Association Vice President. By the time he returned to Daviess County he was the Indiana Sheriff's Assoc
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 6:54 p.m. - An employee of Chuckle's, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $20 in gas. No other information was available. 3:34 p.m. - A male caller reported a fight between two females at 109 Jamestown Square. The fem
Local same-sex marriages in limbo after decision
LOOGOOTEE — Like many same-sex couples throughout the state, Tim and Tracy Brown-Salsman, along with James Pirkle II and his partner, wait to see if their marriages will be like everyone else's —legal. Wednesday, the chief counsel to Gov. Mike Pence instructed state
- Daviess County Court News Real Estate TransfersKenneth Swartzentruber and Elizabeth Swartzentruber to Kendrick Swartzentruber and Kelci Swartzentruber, pt.. SW ¼ of S33, T2N, R6W.Nancy J. Elmore to Nancy J. Elmore and Cheryl K. Carroll, Lot 24 in Parkdale Addition.Juan Manuel
- Police Report CITY POLICE Wednesday 10:03 a.m. - A resident at 101 NE 8th Street reported to police he had found pry marks on a couple of windows and a sliding door to his home. No entry was gained to the house. 11:24 a.m. - Police were called to a minor two vehic
- Textbooks, curriculum fees approved at Barr-Reeve The Barr-Reeve School Board met Tuesday night and approved middle and high school textbook and curriculum fees for the upcoming school year. Superintendent Travis Madison said that the fees vary depending on the classes students sign up for. "The fee
- State in tiff over TIF districts Local redevelopment commissions in Daviess County and the rest of the state of Indiana are doing some extra work on their tax increment finance (TIF) district reports this year. An additional and very detailed report from each RDC is being sent to th
Cavs agree to multiplayer, 3-team trade
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cavaliers have created salary cap space to make sure they have enough to offer LeBron James a maximum contract. A person familiar with the deals says the Cavs have agreed to trade guard Jarrett Jack, swingman Sergey Karasev and c
- The court's indispensable role WASHINGTON - Two 5-4 decisions last week on the final decision day of the Supreme Court’s term dealt with issues that illustrate the legal consequences of political tactics by today’s progressives. One case demonstrated how progressivism’s achievemen
- More Local News Headlines