The Washington Times-Herald

January 11, 2013

Power strip causes fire

Police Report


Washington Times Herald

WASHINGTON — The Washington Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 800 Jefferson St. at 10:52 p.m. Thursday.

There was no gas heat to the residence, owned by Annette Hambrick, and an electric heater had been plugged into a power strip. The power strip shorted out, according to WFD Chief David Rhoads, causing major damage to the residence. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Firefighters were on the scene until 1 a.m. Seven off-duty firefighters were called in to assist on the fire.

--- From Staff Reports

COUNTY REPORT

Wednesday

6:35 a.m. - A caller said a trailer was unhooked from a van and blocking three lanes of traffic. Deputies moved the trailer off the road and no report was made.

8:14 a.m. - A caller at 1694W 150N reported jewelry was stolen. A list was made for deputies.

3:29 p.m. - A caller reported a house fire at 5150N 450E. Montgomery and Cannelburg volunteer firefighters were at the scene until 4:25 p.m.

ARRESTS

Christopher Hupp, 31 Washington, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Wednesday on a warrant for petition to revoke a suspended sentence for operating a motor vehicle after forfeiture of license for life. He was held at Daviess County Security Center on $10,000 bond.

Dalton Fowler, 20, Washington, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Wednesday on a warrant for petition to revoke a suspended sentence for illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage. He was held on $5,000 bond.

Scott Sellers, 42, Loogootee, was arrested by state police Wednesday on a warrant for failure to appear for deception. He was released on $2,000 bond.

Total Jail Population: 138