Funeral planning workshop
There will be a free workshop on advance funeral planning from 11 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. March 15 at Odon United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall and March 22 at Daviess Community Hospital Classroom 1, sponsored by Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Lunch will be provided. For more information or reservations, contact Kathy Evans, pre-planning consultant, at 827-3775, the Washington Chapel at 254-0600, or the Odon Chapel at 636-7372.
Clarification in police report
In Tuesday's police report, shoplifting charges were to be filed on Carolyn Hudson. The person is suspicion is not Carolyn Sue Hudson, who has the same name. We apologize for the unfortunate coincidence.
Redevelopment to meet
The Daviess County Redevelopment Commission will hold a meeting at 8:15 a.m.
Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse. One of the purposes of the meeting is to discuss and vote upon a proposed Declaratory Resolution concerning the South Washington Economic Development Area.
Bus training at ND
There will be school bus driver pre-certification training classes offered at North Daviess Community Schools on March 26, 27 and 28. For additional information, call your local school.
Funeral planning workshop
- Local News
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- Andrews to hold book signing on Saturday Southern Indiana author Sandy (Morris) Andrews will be signing books and meeting fans of historical fiction books at A Touch of Heaven Saturday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Andrews, from Cynthiana, a small town just northwest of Evansvill
- Friday's Area Briefs Clarification In the April 16 story "Daviess County hires help for human resource issues" that the Times Herald reported, the human resources contract was one of several agreements made this week by the commissioners. The commissioners also signed tw
- Sports Briefs Hatchets fall to Jasper JASPER -- The Washington softball team lost 13-0 to Jasper Wednesday evening. The Hatchets get no rest with road games against Southridge Thursday night and Loogootee Friday night. Washington coach Bret Graber has cautioned hi
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 2:30 p.m. - An employee of Swifty's, 409 W. Nat'l Hwy., reported theft on two occasions. No other information was available. COUNTY REPORT Tuesday 9:27 p.m. - A caller reported two males were in an altercation at 101 W. Elnora S
- More Local News Headlines