Funeral planning workshop
There will be a free workshop on advance funeral planning from 11 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. March 15 at Odon United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall and March 22 at Daviess Community Hospital Classroom 1, sponsored by Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Lunch will be provided. For more information or reservations, contact Kathy Evans, pre-planning consultant, at 827-3775, the Washington Chapel at 254-0600, or the Odon Chapel at 636-7372.
Clarification in police report
In Tuesday's police report, shoplifting charges were to be filed on Carolyn Hudson. The person is suspicion is not Carolyn Sue Hudson, who has the same name. We apologize for the unfortunate coincidence.
Redevelopment to meet
The Daviess County Redevelopment Commission will hold a meeting at 8:15 a.m.
Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse. One of the purposes of the meeting is to discuss and vote upon a proposed Declaratory Resolution concerning the South Washington Economic Development Area.
Bus training at ND
There will be school bus driver pre-certification training classes offered at North Daviess Community Schools on March 26, 27 and 28. For additional information, call your local school.
Funeral planning workshop
- Local News
- Colts' 'monster' now preparing to 'hunt' ANDERSON — There’s a different kind of buzz surrounding the Indianapolis Colts as they prepare to report for training camp today at Anderson University.Expectations have been high inside the locker room since Chuck Pagano arrived in January 2012 and
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- Band season starts with music camp While a lot of high school students are finishing up the summer break, the members of the Washington High School Golden Pride Band are back in class and getting ready for the fall, by taking part in music camp. "We're excited," said Washington High S
- B-R teachers union sue Madison, Board Members of the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association have filed charges of unfair labor practice (ULP) against Superintendent Travis Madison and the three elected members of the school board; Joe Cummings, Galen Graber and Scott Lottes. The docum
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- Calling all community leaders Purdue Extension and Daviess County Extension are joining forces to bring Leadership Daviess County to the area beginning in September. The Community Leadership Program will consist of 44 hours of interactive educational opportunities to help individ
- More Local News Headlines