10:59 p.m. — A complainant at Westwood Place Apartments reported finding a basket of clothing and other clothing articles scattered in front of some of the buildings.
9:01 p.m. — Mary Cissell, 1015 Robinson St., reported that she received a phone call from a Chris Kelly from Medicare. Kelly stated he would be coming to Cissell’s residence on Friday. Cissell said she did not give out any personal information and she had called Medicare. Medicare stated they did not have anyone named Chris Kelly that worked for the company and that no one from Medicare would be coming to her house.
Thursday 9:03 a.m. — A female caller at 549W 150S said her vehicle was broken into. Medication, a cell phone and change were taken. A report was made. 9:29 a.m. — A caller requested an accident report at 569W 150S for a forklift hitting a parked vehicle. A minor accident report was made.
Jay C. Hall, 66, Elnora, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Thursday for domestic battery. He was released from the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Lindsey Ervin, 25, Odon, was arrested by state police Thursday on a failure to appear warrant and a warrant for possession of a controlled substance. She was being held on $5,000 bond.
Lacey Bynum, 27, Washington, was arrested by state police Thursday on a second petition to revoke an amended sentence for assisting a criminal. She was being held on $25,000 bond.
David Davis, 33, Bicknell, was arrested by city police Thursday on a habitual traffic offender charge. He was being held on $2,500 bond.
Darren Roberts, 27, Washington, was arrested by city police Thursday for false informing. He was being held on $2,000 bond. Total Jail Population: 134 Man arrested after leaving child alone
At 8:05 p.m. a manager at the Budget Inn, 412 South St., reported that a child had been left in room 125 alone. The child was approximately three years old. Hotel employees stated that the woman renting the room, Mary Heather Ray, had been sent to the hotel from St. Vincent De-Paul.
Ray stated that she had just left the hotel 10 minutes before the incident was reported and she had left the child with her nephew, Ethan Cord Stone, 21, Bicknell.
Washington police took the child and Ray to the police station then headed to 103 Southview Trailer Court to look for Stone. While en route, police received a complaint from a resident of Southview Trailer Court.
The resident reported seeing a male subject with long black hair, wearing a tie-dye green shirt running through the mobile home park toward Troy Rd.
The man running was identified as Stone and he was taken into custody near Highland Ave.
Stone was arrested on a warrant out of Pike Co. for possession of meth, possession of paraphanalia, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor with new charges of neglect of a dependent. Bond was set at $2,500.
- Local News
- Sports Briefs Loogootee defeats RivetThe Loogootee boys tennis team defeated Vincennes Rivet, 5-0, Tuesday night. Gabe Nolley and Landon Diamond won in straight sets at No. 1 and 2 singles and Landon Wittmer won in No. 3 singles in a forfeit. Ben Templin-Thomas Vi
- Legal challenges perform check and balance Recently some have questioned why the State of Indiana has brought lawsuits against our federal government. While this litigation is adversarial by nature, it is a necessary part of our constitutional process.What distinguishes the U.S. Constitution
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County The Indiana State Trauma Care Committee, the State of Indiana Director of Homeland Security and the Indiana EMS Commission has a recognized Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes as an "In process" Level III Trauma Center. That new designation combined
- Wednesday's Police Report CITY REPORT Wednesday 1:14 p.m. - John Johnson, 605 S.E. 11th St., reported his van had been vandalized. 10:45 a.m. - Power outages were reported near Oakwood trailer park after a semi trailer struck a pole and took out power lines. Tuesday 5:49 p.m.
- Lena Dunn gearing up for Fall Fiesta Lena Dunn Elementary is gearing up for its second annual Fall Fiesta, a family event that will serve as the chief fundraiser for the school. Last year, school staff, parents and PTO members organized the carnival-style event that will again feature f
- Loogootee reports high ISTEP scores LOOGOOTEE — Loogootee students scored above the state average in 15 of 19 areas during the spring ISTEP tests. So reported curriculum/technology coordinator Mike Tippery to the Loogootee School Board Tuesday night. In four areas, the students test sc
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014This year you could alternate between nurturing and critical. If people start acting a little crazy around you, it might be in direct response to the mixed vibes you’re sending. Try to get some feedback. You
- Road project brings county and Amish community closer A big road project through eastern Daviess County is doing more than just widening a road. "The working relationship between the county and the Amish community these days is really good," said county Highway Superintendent Phil Cornelius. "In fact I'
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 10:52 a.m. - An employee of St. Vincent de Paul, 815 E. Main St., reported a box of bullets was found in a drop-off box. The bullets were confiscated. 12:03 a.m. - An employee of McDonald's, 1450 E. Nat'l Hwy., said two people wer
- More Local News Headlines