10:59 p.m. — A complainant at Westwood Place Apartments reported finding a basket of clothing and other clothing articles scattered in front of some of the buildings.
9:01 p.m. — Mary Cissell, 1015 Robinson St., reported that she received a phone call from a Chris Kelly from Medicare. Kelly stated he would be coming to Cissell’s residence on Friday. Cissell said she did not give out any personal information and she had called Medicare. Medicare stated they did not have anyone named Chris Kelly that worked for the company and that no one from Medicare would be coming to her house.
Thursday 9:03 a.m. — A female caller at 549W 150S said her vehicle was broken into. Medication, a cell phone and change were taken. A report was made. 9:29 a.m. — A caller requested an accident report at 569W 150S for a forklift hitting a parked vehicle. A minor accident report was made.
Jay C. Hall, 66, Elnora, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Thursday for domestic battery. He was released from the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Lindsey Ervin, 25, Odon, was arrested by state police Thursday on a failure to appear warrant and a warrant for possession of a controlled substance. She was being held on $5,000 bond.
Lacey Bynum, 27, Washington, was arrested by state police Thursday on a second petition to revoke an amended sentence for assisting a criminal. She was being held on $25,000 bond.
David Davis, 33, Bicknell, was arrested by city police Thursday on a habitual traffic offender charge. He was being held on $2,500 bond.
Darren Roberts, 27, Washington, was arrested by city police Thursday for false informing. He was being held on $2,000 bond. Total Jail Population: 134 Man arrested after leaving child alone
At 8:05 p.m. a manager at the Budget Inn, 412 South St., reported that a child had been left in room 125 alone. The child was approximately three years old. Hotel employees stated that the woman renting the room, Mary Heather Ray, had been sent to the hotel from St. Vincent De-Paul.
Ray stated that she had just left the hotel 10 minutes before the incident was reported and she had left the child with her nephew, Ethan Cord Stone, 21, Bicknell.
Washington police took the child and Ray to the police station then headed to 103 Southview Trailer Court to look for Stone. While en route, police received a complaint from a resident of Southview Trailer Court.
The resident reported seeing a male subject with long black hair, wearing a tie-dye green shirt running through the mobile home park toward Troy Rd.
The man running was identified as Stone and he was taken into custody near Highland Ave.
Stone was arrested on a warrant out of Pike Co. for possession of meth, possession of paraphanalia, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor with new charges of neglect of a dependent. Bond was set at $2,500.
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City