10:59 p.m. — A complainant at Westwood Place Apartments reported finding a basket of clothing and other clothing articles scattered in front of some of the buildings.
9:01 p.m. — Mary Cissell, 1015 Robinson St., reported that she received a phone call from a Chris Kelly from Medicare. Kelly stated he would be coming to Cissell’s residence on Friday. Cissell said she did not give out any personal information and she had called Medicare. Medicare stated they did not have anyone named Chris Kelly that worked for the company and that no one from Medicare would be coming to her house.
Thursday 9:03 a.m. — A female caller at 549W 150S said her vehicle was broken into. Medication, a cell phone and change were taken. A report was made. 9:29 a.m. — A caller requested an accident report at 569W 150S for a forklift hitting a parked vehicle. A minor accident report was made.
Jay C. Hall, 66, Elnora, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Thursday for domestic battery. He was released from the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Lindsey Ervin, 25, Odon, was arrested by state police Thursday on a failure to appear warrant and a warrant for possession of a controlled substance. She was being held on $5,000 bond.
Lacey Bynum, 27, Washington, was arrested by state police Thursday on a second petition to revoke an amended sentence for assisting a criminal. She was being held on $25,000 bond.
David Davis, 33, Bicknell, was arrested by city police Thursday on a habitual traffic offender charge. He was being held on $2,500 bond.
Darren Roberts, 27, Washington, was arrested by city police Thursday for false informing. He was being held on $2,000 bond. Total Jail Population: 134 Man arrested after leaving child alone
At 8:05 p.m. a manager at the Budget Inn, 412 South St., reported that a child had been left in room 125 alone. The child was approximately three years old. Hotel employees stated that the woman renting the room, Mary Heather Ray, had been sent to the hotel from St. Vincent De-Paul.
Ray stated that she had just left the hotel 10 minutes before the incident was reported and she had left the child with her nephew, Ethan Cord Stone, 21, Bicknell.
Washington police took the child and Ray to the police station then headed to 103 Southview Trailer Court to look for Stone. While en route, police received a complaint from a resident of Southview Trailer Court.
The resident reported seeing a male subject with long black hair, wearing a tie-dye green shirt running through the mobile home park toward Troy Rd.
The man running was identified as Stone and he was taken into custody near Highland Ave.
Stone was arrested on a warrant out of Pike Co. for possession of meth, possession of paraphanalia, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor with new charges of neglect of a dependent. Bond was set at $2,500.
- Local News
One dead in early morning shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
One dead after shooting
Police remain on the scene of an early morning shooting that left one person dead. Washington City Police say they received a complaint of a male subject being shot and that the victim was later pronounced dead at Daviess Community Hospital.
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- Ritz talks education changes Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz stopped by Washington High School Thursday afternoon and discussed changes she hopes will be implemented to change the face of education in the state. Dr. Dan Roach, superintendent of Washington Schoo
CITY REPORT Thursday 7:27 a.m. - Police received a report from Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone just drove off without paying for $55.03 in gas.
9:07 a.m. - A resident at 505 Jefferson St. reported someone slashed all four tires on her
- Friday's Area Briefs Commissioners to meet Monday Daviess County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse. Items included on the agenda: interlocal agreement; community corrections report; US 50/SR 257 intersection safety peti
- Colts trying to live in the moment heading into Sunday Live in the moment. That's the game plan for the Indianapolis Colts heading into this afternoon's road game with the Cincinnati Bengals (1 p.m., CBS Sports). With an 8-4 overall record and an AFC South mark of 4-0, the Colts can clinch the division t
- Floraellen McClellan PETERSBURG -- Floraellen McClellan, 95, died at 1:15 p.m. Wednesday at Golden Living Center. Born July 23, 1918, in Monroe City, she was the daughter of James W. and Dezzie M. (Rice) Jones. She was a member of the Women of the Moose in Washington. Sh
- Charlotte Miles PETERSBURG -- Charlotte Marie Miles, 78, died Wednesday at Amber Manor. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Curtis Funeral Home in Winslow, with Rev. Larry Barr officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Visitation is after 10 a.m.
- More Local News Headlines
- One dead in early morning shooting