12:14 p.m. Advised there is a dog that is dragging a chain that has a chain wrapped around a car tire at Bedford Rd. Vehicle is a white Chevy Trail Blazer. Dog was taken to shelter.
1:52 p.m. Caller advised residence at 315 NE 3rd St. has been broken into.
Items are missing and house has been ransacked.
No forced entry. Caller went to work at 3 a.m. and failed to lock the door.
Only item missing is a 20 inch flat screen television. PTL Eichmiller advised there is a "for sale sign." Residence at 9 W. Hefron St. was broken into and also had a "for sale sign." Unsure if suspect is checking out empty houses.
4:14 p.m. Caller advised there is a possible water leak at the intersection of Hwy 50 and 57. Same area as two hours ago. Appears to be ground seeping through where the highway has placed traffic sensors.
4:16 p.m. Caller advised intrusion alarm going off at front door of William Dykes' residence at 614 SE 2nd St. No signs of forced entry and no one inside.
8:02 a.m. There is an SUV stuck on the overhead bridge with his brakes locked up in Montgomery. The subject's axle broke and they already contaced G&M and they're on their way. Advised that G&M has the vehicle in tow and student was transported to Barr-Reeve.
Justin Matthew Miller, 21, Washington, was arrested by city officers on OVWI controlled substance, possession of marijuana and OVWHI endagering a person.
He remains in the Daviess County Security Center on a $6,000 bond.
Charles O'Connor, 49, Loogootee, was arrested Thursday by sheriff¹s deputies OVWI equal or over .15 percent and operating while never receiving a license. He was released on a $4,000 bond.
Tammy Stoll, 43, Oddon was arrested by city officers for driving while suspended. She remains in the Daviess Security Center.
Rachel Graves, 34, Washington, was arrested by city officers on a writ of attachment. She remains in the Security Center on a $9,357.86 bond.
Total Jail Population:138
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- More Local News Headlines