City offices closed
All city offices and departments will be closed Friday in observance of Good Friday. There will be no trash pickup and the city bus will not be in operation. The Recycling Center will be closed of Friday and Saturday. Residents with trash pickup on Friday are asked to have their trash ready for pickup by 7 a.m. Monday.
Any questions, call the Street Department at 254-4564.
Area Easter week services
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
Maundy Thursday worship, 7 p.m.; Good Friday worship, 7 p.m.; Easter sunrise service, 7 a.m.; Easter breakfast, 8 a.m.; Easter egg hunt, 8:30 a.m., Easter worship, 9:30 a.m.
St. John Episcopal Church
Maundy Thursday worship, 6 p.m.; Good Friday worship, 7 p.m.; Easter worship, 10 a.m.
Washington Area Ministerial Association Community Good Friday worship Christ United Methodist Church The Seven words from the Cross, noon to 1 p.m., reflections by local pastors.
Commissoners to meet
Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8 a.m.
Monday, April 8, in the Commissioners¹ Room at the courthouse to receive information about prospective employees.
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City