Customers are reminded to check for discolored water before doing laundry when their area is being flushed.
Flush N.W. First Street and West Walnut to N.E. Fifth Street, out N.W. First to Apraw Road, Jersey Street to Viola Avenue, Hefron and Flora Street to N.E. Fifth Street then William, Pearl, Maple and George streets to N.E. Fifth and N.E. First, N.E. Second, N.E. Third, N.E. Fourth, N.E. Fifth and N.E. Sixth streets to Viola Avenue. This will also include Maple Street to N.W. Second, N.W. Second Street to Apraw Road, Apraw Road from N.W. Second and St. John’s Road out to St. John’s Cemetery. Also included is SR 57N from Pearl Street to Viola Avenue, Northside, Coronado and Lynwood drives.
Flush Brett Cabel Road from SR 57N to N.E. 12th and N.E. 12th Street to Bedford Road, Winbrook, Wedeking, Knollwood Drive and Bedford Road from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 11th Street and Grand Avenue from N.E. 11th Street to N.E. 21st Street, Woodmere Drive and Walnut Street from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 14th Street.
Also included is Memorial Avenue from N.E. 14th Street to N.E. 21st Street and N.E. 18th, N.E. 19th, N.E. 20th and N.E. 21st streets from Grand Avenue to Parkdale Drive.
B-R school board meeting
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in special session at 7 p.m. today at Alfordsville United Methodist Church for public questions on the referendum presentation.
FFA chicken dinner Saturday
The North Daviess FFA will have its 45th annual chicken barbecue on Saturday in Plainville by the post office. Chicken will be ready starting at 11 a.m. until sold out. Turkey strips will also be available. Proceeds will be used for the FFA to attend the State Convention in June and other trips the chapter takes.
Loogootee board to meet
Loogootee Community School Corporation Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. Thursday to receive information about prospective employees.
Ag sale at North Daviess
The North Daviess Agriculture Department will have its annual plant sale on Thursday, Tuesday, May 9, and May 13 from noon until 4:30 p.m. at the North Daviess greenhouse, located behind the high school on the northeast side.
Profits are used for scholarships and materials for next year’s horticulture classes. There will be a wide variety of different plants for sale. Contact the department at 636-8000 Ext. 3128 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Local News
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- Andrews to hold book signing on Saturday Southern Indiana author Sandy (Morris) Andrews will be signing books and meeting fans of historical fiction books at A Touch of Heaven Saturday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Andrews, from Cynthiana, a small town just northwest of Evansvill
- Friday's Area Briefs Clarification In the April 16 story "Daviess County hires help for human resource issues" that the Times Herald reported, the human resources contract was one of several agreements made this week by the commissioners. The commissioners also signed tw
- Sports Briefs Hatchets fall to Jasper JASPER -- The Washington softball team lost 13-0 to Jasper Wednesday evening. The Hatchets get no rest with road games against Southridge Thursday night and Loogootee Friday night. Washington coach Bret Graber has cautioned hi
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- More Local News Headlines
- High but not dry