Customers are reminded to check for discolored water before doing laundry when their area is being flushed.
Flush N.W. First Street and West Walnut to N.E. Fifth Street, out N.W. First to Apraw Road, Jersey Street to Viola Avenue, Hefron and Flora Street to N.E. Fifth Street then William, Pearl, Maple and George streets to N.E. Fifth and N.E. First, N.E. Second, N.E. Third, N.E. Fourth, N.E. Fifth and N.E. Sixth streets to Viola Avenue. This will also include Maple Street to N.W. Second, N.W. Second Street to Apraw Road, Apraw Road from N.W. Second and St. John’s Road out to St. John’s Cemetery. Also included is SR 57N from Pearl Street to Viola Avenue, Northside, Coronado and Lynwood drives.
Flush Brett Cabel Road from SR 57N to N.E. 12th and N.E. 12th Street to Bedford Road, Winbrook, Wedeking, Knollwood Drive and Bedford Road from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 11th Street and Grand Avenue from N.E. 11th Street to N.E. 21st Street, Woodmere Drive and Walnut Street from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 14th Street.
Also included is Memorial Avenue from N.E. 14th Street to N.E. 21st Street and N.E. 18th, N.E. 19th, N.E. 20th and N.E. 21st streets from Grand Avenue to Parkdale Drive.
B-R school board meeting
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in special session at 7 p.m. today at Alfordsville United Methodist Church for public questions on the referendum presentation.
FFA chicken dinner Saturday
The North Daviess FFA will have its 45th annual chicken barbecue on Saturday in Plainville by the post office. Chicken will be ready starting at 11 a.m. until sold out. Turkey strips will also be available. Proceeds will be used for the FFA to attend the State Convention in June and other trips the chapter takes.
Loogootee board to meet
Loogootee Community School Corporation Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. Thursday to receive information about prospective employees.
Ag sale at North Daviess
The North Daviess Agriculture Department will have its annual plant sale on Thursday, Tuesday, May 9, and May 13 from noon until 4:30 p.m. at the North Daviess greenhouse, located behind the high school on the northeast side.
Profits are used for scholarships and materials for next year’s horticulture classes. There will be a wide variety of different plants for sale. Contact the department at 636-8000 Ext. 3128 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Local News
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- Band season starts with music camp While a lot of high school students are finishing up the summer break, the members of the Washington High School Golden Pride Band are back in class and getting ready for the fall, by taking part in music camp. "We're excited," said Washington High S
- B-R teachers union sue Madison, Board Members of the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association have filed charges of unfair labor practice (ULP) against Superintendent Travis Madison and the three elected members of the school board; Joe Cummings, Galen Graber and Scott Lottes. The docum
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- Calling all community leaders Purdue Extension and Daviess County Extension are joining forces to bring Leadership Daviess County to the area beginning in September. The Community Leadership Program will consist of 44 hours of interactive educational opportunities to help individ
- Two arrested in Greene County murder case NEWARK — Two men were sought by the Indiana State Police Sunday in connection with a murder in Greene County. According to a release from the Indiana State Police, the Greene County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call Saturday reporting David La
- More Local News Headlines