Customers are reminded to check for discolored water before doing laundry when their area is being flushed.
Flush N.W. First Street and West Walnut to N.E. Fifth Street, out N.W. First to Apraw Road, Jersey Street to Viola Avenue, Hefron and Flora Street to N.E. Fifth Street then William, Pearl, Maple and George streets to N.E. Fifth and N.E. First, N.E. Second, N.E. Third, N.E. Fourth, N.E. Fifth and N.E. Sixth streets to Viola Avenue. This will also include Maple Street to N.W. Second, N.W. Second Street to Apraw Road, Apraw Road from N.W. Second and St. John’s Road out to St. John’s Cemetery. Also included is SR 57N from Pearl Street to Viola Avenue, Northside, Coronado and Lynwood drives.
Flush Brett Cabel Road from SR 57N to N.E. 12th and N.E. 12th Street to Bedford Road, Winbrook, Wedeking, Knollwood Drive and Bedford Road from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 11th Street and Grand Avenue from N.E. 11th Street to N.E. 21st Street, Woodmere Drive and Walnut Street from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 14th Street.
Also included is Memorial Avenue from N.E. 14th Street to N.E. 21st Street and N.E. 18th, N.E. 19th, N.E. 20th and N.E. 21st streets from Grand Avenue to Parkdale Drive.
B-R school board meeting
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in special session at 7 p.m. today at Alfordsville United Methodist Church for public questions on the referendum presentation.
FFA chicken dinner Saturday
The North Daviess FFA will have its 45th annual chicken barbecue on Saturday in Plainville by the post office. Chicken will be ready starting at 11 a.m. until sold out. Turkey strips will also be available. Proceeds will be used for the FFA to attend the State Convention in June and other trips the chapter takes.
Loogootee board to meet
Loogootee Community School Corporation Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. Thursday to receive information about prospective employees.
Ag sale at North Daviess
The North Daviess Agriculture Department will have its annual plant sale on Thursday, Tuesday, May 9, and May 13 from noon until 4:30 p.m. at the North Daviess greenhouse, located behind the high school on the northeast side.
Profits are used for scholarships and materials for next year’s horticulture classes. There will be a wide variety of different plants for sale. Contact the department at 636-8000 Ext. 3128 or email at email@example.com for any questions.
- Local News
VIDEO: Coming Attractions
The Indiana Theater in downtown Washington is under new owner Brent Barnhart and plans to open this fall after being closed for over three years.
- Ruth Gilmore Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Shoe Sensation gives back to Cops and Kids Shoe Sensation has presented Cops and Kids with $468 in donations collected from its customers during a drive to assist Cops and Kids. Cops and Kids works with children in the community to ensure that they have basic necessities and toys. This progr
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 10:27 p.m. - Jerry Gaither, 1422 Brett Cabel Road, said his mailbox was damaged. 5:14 a.m. - Ladonna Abel, 622 S.W. Sixth St., said a purple Harley-Davidson motorcycle was stolen. A report was made and a tip said they believed a ma
- New school security system going into place in Daviess County From the outside looking in schools in Daviess County don't appear to have done much to upgrade security this fall. There are no new fences, no gates, no guard shacks, but officials say the School Guard system is being put into place and should be re
- Coming Attractions Arguably the question on many minds in Washington is what's happening at the Indiana Theater? Many slow down or even stop on Main Street to see the work that is being done. Some have stopped to ask the contractors of SMart Construction to see what is
- Colts getting healthy as training camp opens ANDERSON — Reggie Wayne’s arrival Wednesday in an IndyCar driven by two- time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter drew national attention.But the most important news coming out of reporting day for the Indianapolis Colts concerned the wide rece
- TRI-CAP RSVP offering Nashville Show Trip TRI-CAP RSVP is sponsoring a Nashville Show Trip through Diamond Tours from Nov. 10-12. The spacious, video and restroom equipped motor coach will leave Jasper for a three day, two night trip. The incredible price of $305 per person is based on doubl
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 6:42 a.m. - Melissa Bath, 105 Mill St., reported her dog was stolen. Animal control was contacted. Wednesday 8:54 p.m. - A male caller said a black Pontiac convertible hit a utility pole near 810 W. Van Trees St. The driver is fa
- More Local News Headlines
- VIDEO: Coming Attractions