Customers are reminded to check for discolored water before doing laundry when their area is being flushed.
Flush N.W. First Street and West Walnut to N.E. Fifth Street, out N.W. First to Apraw Road, Jersey Street to Viola Avenue, Hefron and Flora Street to N.E. Fifth Street then William, Pearl, Maple and George streets to N.E. Fifth and N.E. First, N.E. Second, N.E. Third, N.E. Fourth, N.E. Fifth and N.E. Sixth streets to Viola Avenue. This will also include Maple Street to N.W. Second, N.W. Second Street to Apraw Road, Apraw Road from N.W. Second and St. John’s Road out to St. John’s Cemetery. Also included is SR 57N from Pearl Street to Viola Avenue, Northside, Coronado and Lynwood drives.
Flush Brett Cabel Road from SR 57N to N.E. 12th and N.E. 12th Street to Bedford Road, Winbrook, Wedeking, Knollwood Drive and Bedford Road from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 11th Street and Grand Avenue from N.E. 11th Street to N.E. 21st Street, Woodmere Drive and Walnut Street from N.E. Sixth Street to N.E. 14th Street.
Also included is Memorial Avenue from N.E. 14th Street to N.E. 21st Street and N.E. 18th, N.E. 19th, N.E. 20th and N.E. 21st streets from Grand Avenue to Parkdale Drive.
B-R school board meeting
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in special session at 7 p.m. today at Alfordsville United Methodist Church for public questions on the referendum presentation.
FFA chicken dinner Saturday
The North Daviess FFA will have its 45th annual chicken barbecue on Saturday in Plainville by the post office. Chicken will be ready starting at 11 a.m. until sold out. Turkey strips will also be available. Proceeds will be used for the FFA to attend the State Convention in June and other trips the chapter takes.
Loogootee board to meet
Loogootee Community School Corporation Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. Thursday to receive information about prospective employees.
Ag sale at North Daviess
The North Daviess Agriculture Department will have its annual plant sale on Thursday, Tuesday, May 9, and May 13 from noon until 4:30 p.m. at the North Daviess greenhouse, located behind the high school on the northeast side.
Profits are used for scholarships and materials for next year’s horticulture classes. There will be a wide variety of different plants for sale. Contact the department at 636-8000 Ext. 3128 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City