9:32 p.m. – A male subject was reported by a Walmart security employee to push a cart with fishing rods and reels and Coleman fuel out of the store. Once outside the store, though, the male left the cart and got in a vehicle to leave. Officers looked at the security video.
9:27 p.m. – Sgt. Derrick Devine and K-9 Diesel assisted Indiana State Police in Petersburg, where Diesel indicated drugs were present. The drugs were located and three people were arrested.
7:15 p.m. – A Walmart security employee requested assistance with a female subject who was refusing to sign a no-trespass order and was being disorderly. The female left before officers arrived, but they located her at her home and she agreed to return to the store to sign the no-trespass order. An officer followed to ensure there were no problems.
6:11 p.m. – Joe Williams reported items stolen from 1500 Jackson St. He advised no one is to be on the property, and if caught he’ll prosecute.
8:37 p.m. – A road hazard was reported at E. Nat’l Hwy. and N. Industrial Park Rd. A WPD officer advised he’d take care of it.
1:33 p.m. – A caller reported a propane tank near a mailbox at 2588 Cosby St. and asked for an officer to check on it. The officer removed it for disposal.
7:31 p.m. – Adam J. Wilkie, 28, Indianapolis, was southbound on SR 57 entering Plainville when, he stated, a deer crossed the road in front of his 1999 Chevrolet pickup. He swerved to avoid the deer, running off the right side of the roadway, striking a culvert and a mailbox belonging to the town of Plainville. The pickup overturned and came to rest on its wheels. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
Connie Jean Gilley, 49, Washington, was arrested Saturday by city police for possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was released on $2,500 bond.
Ronald Robinson, 62, Plainville, was arrested Saturday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for intimidation and domestic battery. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $10,000 bond.
Christopher Jones, 37, Vincennes, was arrested by city police Saturday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated/prior, OVWI/refusal, possession of a Schedule III substance, driving while suspended/prior and OVWI/endangering a person. He was held on $11,000 bond.
Richard Alan Leffler, 56, Washington, was arrested by city police Saturday for OVWI, OVWI/endangering a person and operating a vehicle while never licensed. He was released on $6,000 bond.
Keoni Takao Hirasuna, 25, Vincennes, was arrested by city police Saturday for possession of synthetic cannabanoids, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia. He was released on $6,500 bond.
Tanya Garcia, 40, Washington, was arrested Friday by city police on an out-of-state warrant. She was held without bond.
Jail Population: 128
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- More Local News Headlines