9:32 p.m. – A male subject was reported by a Walmart security employee to push a cart with fishing rods and reels and Coleman fuel out of the store. Once outside the store, though, the male left the cart and got in a vehicle to leave. Officers looked at the security video.
9:27 p.m. – Sgt. Derrick Devine and K-9 Diesel assisted Indiana State Police in Petersburg, where Diesel indicated drugs were present. The drugs were located and three people were arrested.
7:15 p.m. – A Walmart security employee requested assistance with a female subject who was refusing to sign a no-trespass order and was being disorderly. The female left before officers arrived, but they located her at her home and she agreed to return to the store to sign the no-trespass order. An officer followed to ensure there were no problems.
6:11 p.m. – Joe Williams reported items stolen from 1500 Jackson St. He advised no one is to be on the property, and if caught he’ll prosecute.
8:37 p.m. – A road hazard was reported at E. Nat’l Hwy. and N. Industrial Park Rd. A WPD officer advised he’d take care of it.
1:33 p.m. – A caller reported a propane tank near a mailbox at 2588 Cosby St. and asked for an officer to check on it. The officer removed it for disposal.
7:31 p.m. – Adam J. Wilkie, 28, Indianapolis, was southbound on SR 57 entering Plainville when, he stated, a deer crossed the road in front of his 1999 Chevrolet pickup. He swerved to avoid the deer, running off the right side of the roadway, striking a culvert and a mailbox belonging to the town of Plainville. The pickup overturned and came to rest on its wheels. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
Connie Jean Gilley, 49, Washington, was arrested Saturday by city police for possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was released on $2,500 bond.
Ronald Robinson, 62, Plainville, was arrested Saturday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for intimidation and domestic battery. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $10,000 bond.
Christopher Jones, 37, Vincennes, was arrested by city police Saturday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated/prior, OVWI/refusal, possession of a Schedule III substance, driving while suspended/prior and OVWI/endangering a person. He was held on $11,000 bond.
Richard Alan Leffler, 56, Washington, was arrested by city police Saturday for OVWI, OVWI/endangering a person and operating a vehicle while never licensed. He was released on $6,000 bond.
Keoni Takao Hirasuna, 25, Vincennes, was arrested by city police Saturday for possession of synthetic cannabanoids, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia. He was released on $6,500 bond.
Tanya Garcia, 40, Washington, was arrested Friday by city police on an out-of-state warrant. She was held without bond.
Jail Population: 128
- Local News
- Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend Daviess County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau Director Samantha Bobbitt said this year’s Wine, Art and Cheese Festival should offer something for everyone, even those not interested in wine. Slated to run from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. next Frida
- Sports Briefs Hatchets defeat Barr-ReeveThe Washington junior high tennis team defeated Barr-Reeve 5-0 Thursday afternoon. John Rook defeated Gage Wilson 8-0 and Braden Kixmiller defeated Isaac Wagler 8-6. Zach Gray defeated Brycen Graber 8-2. Nate Napier won in s
- Williams wanting to help peers with hemophilia Looking at Jonna Williams, no one would guess the spunky Washington High School senior who drives dragsters, lifeguards and is active in the WHS Student Council has Von Willebrand Disease, an inherited condition that can cause bleeding for extended
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 2:15 p.m. - A caller at JayC Food Store, 20 Cherry Tree Plaza, reported a red pickup parked in the handicapped area with expired handicapped tags and a dog inside and the windows up. The owner of the vehicle was notified of the e
- Lents honored at ISP awards ceremony INDIANAPOLIS — Two troopers from the Jasper District were honored recently at an awards ceremony at the Indiana Government Center. Sgt. Robert Gardner and Trooper Jarrod Lents were presented awards for their service to the state of Indiana. Trooper L
- Sports Briefs Loogootee defeats RivetThe Loogootee boys tennis team defeated Vincennes Rivet, 5-0, Tuesday night. Gabe Nolley and Landon Diamond won in straight sets at No. 1 and 2 singles and Landon Wittmer won in No. 3 singles in a forfeit. Ben Templin-Thomas Vi
- Legal challenges perform check and balance Recently some have questioned why the State of Indiana has brought lawsuits against our federal government. While this litigation is adversarial by nature, it is a necessary part of our constitutional process.What distinguishes the U.S. Constitution
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County The Indiana State Trauma Care Committee, the State of Indiana Director of Homeland Security and the Indiana EMS Commission has a recognized Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes as an "In process" Level III Trauma Center. That new designation combined
- Wednesday's Police Report CITY REPORT Wednesday 1:14 p.m. - John Johnson, 605 S.E. 11th St., reported his van had been vandalized. 10:45 a.m. - Power outages were reported near Oakwood trailer park after a semi trailer struck a pole and took out power lines. Tuesday 5:49 p.m.
- More Local News Headlines