8:38 a.m. — An employee of Walmart, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, reported a shoplifter leaving the self check-out and getting into a semi. The semi was stopped on SR 57, and charges will be filed against the shoplifter for theft.
9:51 a.m. — Ivy N. Hobson, 36, 15 Sycamore Drive, was driving a 2003 Ford Explorer south on N. Meridian St. when she was hit by a 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier driven by Lindsey B. Ervin, 25, Odon, who was east on VanTrees Street. There were no injuries, but Ervin was arrested for driving while suspended. Damage from the accident was estimated between $10,000 and $25,000.
11:47 p.m. — An alarm was reported at 4608 E. U.S. 50. Officers met the keyholder at the location, and an unlocked door was discovered, but nothing appeared to be missing. The keyholder will call if anything is found to be missing.
3:38 p.m. — A caller from Odon reported a kid came into her yard and took her son’s bicycle. She gave officers a description, and they located the subject and returned the bike to its owner. The subjects will be long-formed.
Lindsey Brooke Ervin, 25, Odon, was arrested by city police Wednesday for driving while suspended/prior. She was held without bond at the Daviess County Security Center.
Jeffery M. Lawrence, 51, Washington, was arrested by city police Wednesday for disorderly conduct and battery resulting in bodily injury. He was held without bond.
Thomas Grant Cowherd, 53, Indianapolis, was arrested Wednesday by city police for driving while suspended/prior and operating a vehicle while intoxicated/refusal. He was held on $4,000 bond.
Taylor M. Fritschle, 22, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by city police on a Warrick County warrant for theft and criminal mischief. He was released to Warrick County authorities.
Jail Population: 157
- Local News
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County The Indiana State Trauma Care Committee, the State of Indiana Director of Homeland Security and the Indiana EMS Commission has a recognized Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes as an "In process" Level III Trauma Center. That new designation combined
- Wednesday's Police Report CITY REPORT Wednesday 1:14 p.m. - John Johnson, 605 S.E. 11th St., reported his van had been vandalized. 10:45 a.m. - Power outages were reported near Oakwood trailer park after a semi trailer struck a pole and took out power lines. Tuesday 5:49 p.m.
- Lena Dunn gearing up for Fall Fiesta Lena Dunn Elementary is gearing up for its second annual Fall Fiesta, a family event that will serve as the chief fundraiser for the school. Last year, school staff, parents and PTO members organized the carnival-style event that will again feature f
- Loogootee reports high ISTEP scores LOOGOOTEE — Loogootee students scored above the state average in 15 of 19 areas during the spring ISTEP tests. So reported curriculum/technology coordinator Mike Tippery to the Loogootee School Board Tuesday night. In four areas, the students test sc
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014This year you could alternate between nurturing and critical. If people start acting a little crazy around you, it might be in direct response to the mixed vibes you’re sending. Try to get some feedback. You
- Road project brings county and Amish community closer A big road project through eastern Daviess County is doing more than just widening a road. "The working relationship between the county and the Amish community these days is really good," said county Highway Superintendent Phil Cornelius. "In fact I'
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 10:52 a.m. - An employee of St. Vincent de Paul, 815 E. Main St., reported a box of bullets was found in a drop-off box. The bullets were confiscated. 12:03 a.m. - An employee of McDonald's, 1450 E. Nat'l Hwy., said two people wer
- Seidel, Norton improving after kidney transplant Less than a month ago, Jane Seidel and Nakia Norton were preparing for their lives to be forever changed when Seidel received Norton's kidney, but now, weeks later, the two Washington women never imagined how the community would come together to supp
- Suspect runs from county warrant The Daviess County Sheriff's Department SWAT team was called in for assistance Monday evening in the search for a fugitive. At approximately 4:55 p.m., the SWAT team was assembled to back up and help in the pursuit of Daniel R. Butler, 42, Washington
- More Local News Headlines