1:12 p.m. — An employee of Speed Lube, 416 S.E. Fourth St., reported a soda machine in front of the building had been pried open.
8:09 a.m. — Tim Pressor, 100 Howard St., reported his moped was stolen. A report was made.
6:22 p.m. — An employee of Fast Max, Elnora, reported a drive-off worth $10.67. A skinny male wearing a baseball cap heading to Worthington was seen leaving the scene.
2:12 p.m. — Dane Barber, 9065S 500E, reported the theft of items from his property. Several tractor weights and log chains were taken. Area recycling yards were notified, and a Bedford scrap yard reported a male in a gold Chevrolet truck was seen leaving with chains that matched the description. An investigation is ongoing.
11:17 a.m. — A person came into the station to report a stolen firearm at 2234W Old U.S. 50. A report was made and an investigation is ongoing.
Christopher Paige, 26, Washington, was arrested by city police Wednesday for possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Jayton Colt Alexander, 19, Paoli, was arrested Friday by city police for inhaling toxic vapors, OVWI/controlled substance and theft/receiving stolen property. He was released on $6,500 bond.
Total Jail Population: 159
- Local News
- New attention on sex assaults Youth sexual assault in Indiana is a troubling issue that has not received the attention it deserves. That's about to change, thanks to the persistent efforts of Indianapolis Democrat state Rep. Christina Hale and a willing Legislature. The Indiana H
- Haitian students enrolling at Washington schools Mcduffy Agledor loves his new school. He has adjusted well from his school in Miami. He has friends, walks the hall and has even joined a club. What makes this amazing is that Agledor is originally from Haiti and has only been speaking English for a
- Different strokes for schools to make up days lost to snow All of the school systems in Daviess County had snow days built into their school calendars when the year began, but a cold and snowy winter has all of them trying to make days up. Earlier this year the Indiana Department of Education gave waivers f
- Marriage Licenses John Lee Herschberger, 20, Montgomery, and Donetta Sue Raber, 22, Montgomery. Charles Lewis Jones Jr., 33, Plainville, and Amber Melody Meyer, 34, Plainville. Eli Garrick Dayton, 23, Washington, and Katrina Dawn Kemp, 20, Washington. Todd Lee Chamber
- Purdue webinar discusses personal property tax bills Purdue University Professor of Agriculture Economics Larry DeBoer shed some light on the proposed personal property tax elimination bills that are currently in the Indiana House and Senate Friday during the On Local Government program, a part of Purd
- Community Calendar SUNDAY Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., Central Christian Church, 10 W. Van Trees St Lighthouse Evangelistic Services, 9:15 a.m., Harvest Community Fellowship, 200 W. Main St. Lighthouse Addiction/Recovery Worship Services, noon and 7 p.m., Victory Tabe
- 5th generation of Williams joins Williams Bros. Clay Williams is the son of C.C. and Pam Williams. He is now the fifth generation of pharmacists in the Williams family, dating back to his great-great-grandfather C.C. Williams, who started his pharmacy career in the late 1890s. Growing up with a hi
- Patton to join staff at DCH Daviess Community Hospital is pleased to announce that R. Michael Patton, MD, has joined the staff of Daviess Community Hospital as an interim general surgeon. Dr. Patton is a graduate of the University of North Carolina with bachelor's degrees in b
- Time change puts kids back in the dark This weekend is the one for the time change. Daylight Saving Time goes into effect on Sunday at 2 a.m. and that means everyone will be moving their clocks forward one hour. For schools trying to get the most out of their school days that is going to
- No Headline Provided Austin Wagler Feb. 17, 2014 Martin and Lena Wagler of Odon announce the birth of their son, Austin Martin Wagler. He was born at 4:08 p.m. Feb. 17 at Daviess Community Hospital. He weighed 8 lbs., 1 oz. and was 22 inches long. He is welcomed by Anna
- More Local News Headlines