City Council to meet
Washington City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers,
200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: ordinance amending fair housing; 2012 annual report.
The Board of Public Works and Safety will meet immediately following the Council meeting. Items included on the agenda: discussion/approval of permits and claims, permission by WHS band boosters to close street on April 6; award bid for leasing of crop land; open/approve bids for 2013 asphalt paving; discussion/approval of salary/position change in animal control.
Sobriety check point begin
Washington Police Department will deploy a high-visibility crackdown on impaired and dangerous driving known as Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over. The 16-day effort will continue through March 24, encompassing a number of March sporting events and the St. Patrick's Day holiday.
The effort will encompass sobriety checkpoints, saturation patrols and other high visibility enforcement activities in an effort to detect and arrest impaired drivers.
B-R board to meet
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 11 a.m. Tuesday to discuss security systems and a job performance evaluation.
The open session will begin at 11:30 a.m. Items included on the agenda:
textbook adoption; English teacher recommendation; ECA coach recommendation.
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 6 p.m. Monday to receive information about prospective employees.
Planning group to meet
Washington Planning Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: request to rezone property at 839S 150W to construct a commercial building; discussion of sign codes.
Gospel group to preform
The Whiteland Aires, a southern gospel group, will be performing at Full Gospel Chapel of Washington at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Immediately following the music there will be a time of fellowship and finger foods will be served.
All are welcome to attend. Full Gospel Chapel is locate on SR 57S, directly across from Jones and Sons Concrete.
- Local News
- County braces for first winter weather event of season County braces for first winter weather event of season Mike Grant Times Herald
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 7:18 p.m. - Jody Leigh, 715 S. Meridian St., reported a stolen scooter. A report was made. 3:59 p.m. - Lana Drew reported the theft of gasoline from her locked gas tank at 2212 E. Nat'l Hwy. The locking cap had pry marks. COUNTY R
- Sports Briefs Vikings move past South Knox MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve fifth and sixth grade boys basketball teams defeated South Knox Tuesday night. In the fifth grade game, the Vikings won 31-18 as they outscored Spartans 21-8 in the second half. Hagen Knepp l
- Perkins scores 28, but WC falls to Dubois DUBOIS -- Washington Catholic senior lit up the scoreboard, but her teammates couldn't help get the Cardinals their second win of the season. Northeast Dubois defeated Washington Catholic 53-33 Tuesday night behind a balanced scoring attack. The Je
- An offer for factions to cooperate In the struggle pitting Gov. Mike Pence and Republican Statehouse leaders against Democratic state schools chief Glenda Ritz, it would seem the two sides can't agree on anything. In fact, they all are pushing for the one school policy initiative the
- Commissioner announces run for re-election Daviess County Commissioner Larry Wilson will run for re-election to the District 2 seat. Wilson, who was first elected in 2009 is seeking a second term in office. "Filing doesn't start until Janurary 8," said Wilson, "but I wanted to go ahead and le
- Blazing its own trail There's a new club in town. Trail Life USA won't officially kick off until the start of the new year, but Jamie Bass and others involved with the organization that meets each Tuesday evening at the Elnora Christian Church wanted to get things rolling
- A light in the darkness The local chapter of Compassionate Friends, a group established in 1968 to help those grieving the loss of a child, grandchild or sibling, will be hosting its 6th annual remembrance and candle lighting event Sunday at the Montgomery Ruritan Building.
- Sports Briefs Vikings split two with Washington MONTGOMERY — The seventh grade Barr-Reeve girls basketball team defeated Washington Monday night 34-21 to improve its record to 3-2. The Vikings were led by Kara Hughes with 12 points and Moriah Bullock had eight poi
- Current construction on I-69 creating unique challenges For the past year motorists driving south on I-69 have been able to nearly reach the Ohio River before running out of highway, but the brakes come on quickly when people hit the Crane exit going north. The Indiana Department of Transportation is work
- More Local News Headlines