City Council to meet
Washington City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers,
200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: ordinance amending fair housing; 2012 annual report.
The Board of Public Works and Safety will meet immediately following the Council meeting. Items included on the agenda: discussion/approval of permits and claims, permission by WHS band boosters to close street on April 6; award bid for leasing of crop land; open/approve bids for 2013 asphalt paving; discussion/approval of salary/position change in animal control.
Sobriety check point begin
Washington Police Department will deploy a high-visibility crackdown on impaired and dangerous driving known as Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over. The 16-day effort will continue through March 24, encompassing a number of March sporting events and the St. Patrick's Day holiday.
The effort will encompass sobriety checkpoints, saturation patrols and other high visibility enforcement activities in an effort to detect and arrest impaired drivers.
B-R board to meet
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 11 a.m. Tuesday to discuss security systems and a job performance evaluation.
The open session will begin at 11:30 a.m. Items included on the agenda:
textbook adoption; English teacher recommendation; ECA coach recommendation.
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 6 p.m. Monday to receive information about prospective employees.
Planning group to meet
Washington Planning Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: request to rezone property at 839S 150W to construct a commercial building; discussion of sign codes.
Gospel group to preform
The Whiteland Aires, a southern gospel group, will be performing at Full Gospel Chapel of Washington at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Immediately following the music there will be a time of fellowship and finger foods will be served.
All are welcome to attend. Full Gospel Chapel is locate on SR 57S, directly across from Jones and Sons Concrete.
- Local News
- Coming Attractions Arguably the question on many minds in Washington is what's happening at the Indiana Theater? Many slow down or even stop on Main Street to see the work that is being done. Some have stopped to ask the contractors of SMart Construction to see what is
- Colts getting healthy as training camp opens ANDERSON — Reggie Wayne’s arrival Wednesday in an IndyCar driven by two- time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter drew national attention.But the most important news coming out of reporting day for the Indianapolis Colts concerned the wide rece
- TRI-CAP RSVP offering Nashville Show Trip TRI-CAP RSVP is sponsoring a Nashville Show Trip through Diamond Tours from Nov. 10-12. The spacious, video and restroom equipped motor coach will leave Jasper for a three day, two night trip. The incredible price of $305 per person is based on doubl
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 6:42 a.m. - Melissa Bath, 105 Mill St., reported her dog was stolen. Animal control was contacted. Wednesday 8:54 p.m. - A male caller said a black Pontiac convertible hit a utility pole near 810 W. Van Trees St. The driver is fa
- Odon gets ready for Old Settlers ODON - The 159th Odon Old Settlers festival will kick off the morning of Aug. 5 with exhibits for the Floral Hall being accepted from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The event will run Aug. 5 -9. Projects in several different categories will be accepted. Monetar
- Expiring term heightens the urgency of lawmaker's mission State Rep. Rebecca Kubacki had plans for her return to the General Assembly next January.The two-term Republican from Kosciusko County wanted to exert “full force” to roll back a law that prevents the children of undocumented immigrants from paying i
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 11:28 a.m. - A female caller, 820 Axtel Ave., said a license plate was taken from her vehicle the night before. The tailgate was also scratched. 10:17 a.m. - An employee of Personal Finance Company said a female had parked her v
- Area author to hold book signing at Touch of Heaven Greene County author, former newspaper publisher and pastor Ralph W. Roach will be at A Touch of Heaven on Main Street Aug. 2 from 9:30 a.m. until noon for a meet and greet and book signing. Roach has published three books, "Ramblin' With RWR," a mem
DOCUMENTS: Barr-Reeve Teachers' complaint
Here is the complaint the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association filed with the state Education Employment Relations Board earlier this summer against the Barr-Reeve School Board and Superintendent Travis Madison.
- More Local News Headlines