Purse sale at DCH
The Daviess Community Hospital Auxiliary will host a Purse Sale on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the hospital’s Education Center. Prices range from $5 to $60 and proceeds will support the purchase of equipment for the hospital. The public is invited.
The Daviess County Republican Party August breakfast meeting will be Saturday at the Washington Family Restaurant.
The guest speaker will be State Representative Mark Messmer. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude by 10 a.m. Breakfast is Dutch treat.
Hillbilly time at Boggs
Staff and program volunteers at West Boggs Park are preparing for an invasion of rednecks, hillbillies and wannabes during the annual Hillbilly Weekend, Aug. 17-19. Planned activities will include golf cart mud drag races and backseat driver contest, belly flop and watermelon wrestling contests, costume contest, mud tug of war, hillbilly ball, frozen-shirt contest, karaoke and additional family activities guaranteed to please the inner redneck in everyone.
All events will be free to registered campers and available to daily visitors at the normal gate fee of $5 per vehicle.
Spectators are welcome. Contact the park’s Customer Service Center at 295-3421 for reservations.
NIE program for schools
Local teachers interested in the Washington Times-Herald NIE Program, contact Laura Theine at 254-0480 Ext. 131.
The NIE program puts the Washington Times-Herald in local classrooms.
Area Briefs for Tuesday
Purse sale at DCH
- Local News
- Snow removal keeps crews busy Road and street crews are still out trying to clear the way for motorists following several days of snow and ice. About 10 inches of snow has fallen on Daviess County in the past week putting road clearing crews to the test. "Long events like this ar
- Gas explosion near Odon sends man to hospital ODON -- A natural gas explosion at Green City Cabinets just outside of Odon Saturday sent one man to the hospital to be treated for burns. Owners of the family owned and operated business said that a natural gas leak inside the engine building caused
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 11:46 a.m. - Haley Weddle said the stereo to her SUV was stolen while parked at Walmart Supercenter, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, overnight. Sunday 4:07 p.m. - Daviess County Sheriff's dispatched relayed a call of a gas leak at 501 N.W. 11
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Shooting plays out on social media
The shooting of teenager Devan Burris has stirred emotions in family members of the young man and by those in connection with allegedly killing him. Burris, 17, was a soon-to-be father and girlfriend Kelly Fisher remembered him as a kind-hearted youn
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- More Local News Headlines