2:33 p.m. — Two callers reported a grass or leaf fire on Jackson Street. The Washington Fire Department was assigned the run at 2:34 p.m. and was on the scene until 2:47 p.m.
11:46 p.m. — Petersburg Police reported a red 2006 Chevrolet Colorado had been stolen there, and asked local police to be on the lookout for it.
11:29 p.m. — A caller reported a grass or leaf fire at N.W. 15th and North streets. Firefighters had it out by 11:48 p.m.
9:36 p.m. — The sheriff’s department reported a semi jackknifed on Cosby Road. A responding officer advised it was nearly turned over in a ditch and the road was blocked.
9:12 p.m. — Brandi Mathis, 404 W. Viola Ave., reported a girl’s Pretty in Pink Next bike was stolen from her residence.
6:53 p.m. — Valena Morrison, 318 W. Hefron St., advised four Hispanic males threw eggs and hit her back door and steps. A description of the subjects was given.
4:50 p.m. — Melissa Knepp advised she was westbound on W. Nat’l Hwy. and stopped for the traffic signal at the intersection with SR 57 when a tan, full-size Silverado struck her vehicle and left the scene. There was damage to her trunk and taillights.
2:47 p.m. — An employee of Smokers Host, 301 E. Nat’l Hwy., reported the theft of cigars earlier in the day. The incident was on video and the subject was identified.
12:20 a.m. — A deputy making a traffic stop in front of Mi Pueblo on SR 57 found the driver’s taillights had been spray-painted by another subject. The driver said he’d clean the paint off.
4:11 p.m. — A caller reported a rolling domestic dispute on SR 257S. The caller advised that the female passenger of a small red Dodge car was beating on the male driver, causing the car to cross the center line.
3:28 p.m. — Larry A. Ray Jr., 664E 100S, requested officers remove Angela Willis from his property. An ambulance was called for an extremely intoxicated female, and Gibson County Probation was contacted.
10:33 a.m. — A female caller from Montgomery advised she received a letter from “Record Transfer Co.” of Washington, D.C., requesting $83 to send her the deed to her property. The letter specified sending the money to a West Lake Village, Calif., address. The caller said she’d reported this to the county recorder’s office, which had received other similar calls, and it was likely a scam.
Cody E.L. Taylor, 22, Washington, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Thursday on a warrant for failure to appear. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,000 bond.
Lindsey B. Ervin, 25, Odon, was arrested Wednesday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for petition to revoke a suspended sentence for theft, theft and driving while suspended/prior. She was held on $7,500 bond.
Jail Population: 154
- Local News
New suspension policy coming to Loogootee schools
LOOGOOTEE -- Students who habitually are tardy or absent from school often become involved in criminal delinquent behavior.
Cop and kids making Christmas special
For over 165 children from Daviess and Martin counties, Christmas came a week early
- A man led police on a three-county chase before surrendering Tuesday evening. Richard Alan Miller, 34, Tennyson, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff's deputies Tuesday for resisting law enforcement in a vehicle and operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a BAC over .15 percent after running away from police while guns we
Area Mine closing
CORNING — The roar of trucks and drag lines is drawing to a close at the Viking Mine in southwestern Daviess County. Peabody Energy has filed a notice with the state of its plans to shut down the entire mine operation.
Ellis gets 6 years in drug bust
The first of 15 offenders arrested in a September multi-state meth bust was sentenced Wednesday.
Wednesday's police report
CITY REPORT Tuesday 2:12 p.m. - Joe Johnson, 403 Ogdon St., said a padlock was thrown through the passenger side window of his truck, also damaging his windshield. Extra patrol was given.
- VU announces online scholarship VINCENNES -- The Vincennes University Foundation announces the launch of its first-ever online scholarship application process. Incoming and current VU students should visit www.vinu.edu/scholarships and click "Apply for Scholarships" to apply for fi
First Baptist fills baskets with help from Fitness
Members of the First Baptist Church have been busy filling Christmas food baskets thanks to the support of Anytime Fitness and its members.
- Area Briefs Westminster Christmas cantata on Sunday Westminster Presbyterian Church of Washington will present "The Heart of Christmas," a Christmas cantata by Pepper Choplin on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at the church, located at 110 N.W. Second St. Under the direct
- Sports Briefs 300 bowled at Laurel Lanes Jordan Hyde, 21, bowled a 300 Dec. 7 at Laurel Lanes. Hyde's score of 300 was the first ever at Laurel Lanes. Washington splits at Jasper JASPER -- The Washington girls bowling team lost to Forest Park 20-0 (436-726, 347
- More Local News Headlines
- New suspension policy coming to Loogootee schools