2:33 p.m. — Two callers reported a grass or leaf fire on Jackson Street. The Washington Fire Department was assigned the run at 2:34 p.m. and was on the scene until 2:47 p.m.
11:46 p.m. — Petersburg Police reported a red 2006 Chevrolet Colorado had been stolen there, and asked local police to be on the lookout for it.
11:29 p.m. — A caller reported a grass or leaf fire at N.W. 15th and North streets. Firefighters had it out by 11:48 p.m.
9:36 p.m. — The sheriff’s department reported a semi jackknifed on Cosby Road. A responding officer advised it was nearly turned over in a ditch and the road was blocked.
9:12 p.m. — Brandi Mathis, 404 W. Viola Ave., reported a girl’s Pretty in Pink Next bike was stolen from her residence.
6:53 p.m. — Valena Morrison, 318 W. Hefron St., advised four Hispanic males threw eggs and hit her back door and steps. A description of the subjects was given.
4:50 p.m. — Melissa Knepp advised she was westbound on W. Nat’l Hwy. and stopped for the traffic signal at the intersection with SR 57 when a tan, full-size Silverado struck her vehicle and left the scene. There was damage to her trunk and taillights.
2:47 p.m. — An employee of Smokers Host, 301 E. Nat’l Hwy., reported the theft of cigars earlier in the day. The incident was on video and the subject was identified.
12:20 a.m. — A deputy making a traffic stop in front of Mi Pueblo on SR 57 found the driver’s taillights had been spray-painted by another subject. The driver said he’d clean the paint off.
4:11 p.m. — A caller reported a rolling domestic dispute on SR 257S. The caller advised that the female passenger of a small red Dodge car was beating on the male driver, causing the car to cross the center line.
3:28 p.m. — Larry A. Ray Jr., 664E 100S, requested officers remove Angela Willis from his property. An ambulance was called for an extremely intoxicated female, and Gibson County Probation was contacted.
10:33 a.m. — A female caller from Montgomery advised she received a letter from “Record Transfer Co.” of Washington, D.C., requesting $83 to send her the deed to her property. The letter specified sending the money to a West Lake Village, Calif., address. The caller said she’d reported this to the county recorder’s office, which had received other similar calls, and it was likely a scam.
Cody E.L. Taylor, 22, Washington, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Thursday on a warrant for failure to appear. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,000 bond.
Lindsey B. Ervin, 25, Odon, was arrested Wednesday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for petition to revoke a suspended sentence for theft, theft and driving while suspended/prior. She was held on $7,500 bond.
Jail Population: 154
- Local News
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- Band season starts with music camp While a lot of high school students are finishing up the summer break, the members of the Washington High School Golden Pride Band are back in class and getting ready for the fall, by taking part in music camp. "We're excited," said Washington High S
- B-R teachers union sue Madison, Board Members of the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association have filed charges of unfair labor practice (ULP) against Superintendent Travis Madison and the three elected members of the school board; Joe Cummings, Galen Graber and Scott Lottes. The docum
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- Calling all community leaders Purdue Extension and Daviess County Extension are joining forces to bring Leadership Daviess County to the area beginning in September. The Community Leadership Program will consist of 44 hours of interactive educational opportunities to help individ
- Two arrested in Greene County murder case NEWARK — Two men were sought by the Indiana State Police Sunday in connection with a murder in Greene County. According to a release from the Indiana State Police, the Greene County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call Saturday reporting David La
- More Local News Headlines