The Daviess County Republican Party August breakfast meeting will be Saturday at the Washington Family Restaurant. The guest speaker will be State Representative Mark Messmer. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude by 10 a.m. Breakfast is Dutch treat.
WHS band boosters
Washington High School and Junior High band boosters will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the band room. All band parents are encouraged to attend.
Lunch at Bethany
Bethany Christian Church is hosting a Look and Lunch at its new building site on SR 57S in Washington from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Everyone is invited to a free lunch and tour of Bethany’s new church building. The scheduled opening of the new building is planned for late fall.
Wheatland yard sale
Wheatland United Methodist Church will host a town-wide yard sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. There will also be food available at the church. Funds raised will go towards improvement projects at the church and Roosevelt Mission in Linton.
There will be a CPR/PR, AED and First Aid class from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Satuday at the Daviess County Family YMCA. Cost is $60.
Area Briefs for Friday
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Police should get used to being under GPS microscope Somebody needs to tell certain police unions that the "privacy-is-dead" reality applies to them as well as the rest of us. Police departments, with the full support of their unionized workforces, have enthusiastically embraced technology that increas
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
One dead in early morning shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
One dead after shooting
Police remain on the scene of an early morning shooting that left one person dead. Washington City Police say they received a complaint of a male subject being shot and that the victim was later pronounced dead at Daviess Community Hospital.
- More Local News Headlines