10:22 p.m. – Teresa Thomas, 100 W. Walnut St., advised they thought they heard wires burning at the box in the back of the house. She advised the male subject at the residence shut off the power and all residents were outside. The fire department responded and requested a line crew for a bad meter.
8:20 p.m. – Alice King advised her daughter found a dog wandering around and picked it up. It had a rabies tag from Dr. Shelton’s office, but he was not in the office. The dog, a small Yorkie-type breed, was taken to the animal shelter.
3:25 p.m. – Kenneth Fleetwood, 520 SE Second St., Apt. 414, reported the theft of a $50 bill and a carton of cigarettes.
3:35 p.m. – A male subject was on station to report identity theft. A detective spoke with him.
6:44 a.m. – A caller advised a vehicle was exiting I-69 southbound at the U.S. 50 off-ramp and went down a 40-foot embankment.
6:47 p.m. – Audrey E. Sorrells, 18, Shoals, was northbound on I-69 in her 2008 Pontiac G6 and as she crossed the White River Bridge near mile marker 54 the car began to slide on ice. Sorrells lost control of the vehicle and struck the guard rail before coming to rest in the median. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
Daniel Joseph Stone, 29, Gary, was arrested Monday for dealing in marijuana and on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for burglary. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $50,000 bond.
Jail Population: 126
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City