1:41 p.m. – Robbie Logston, 100 ∏ E. Main St., advised he’d been gone since 11 a.m. and while he was gone his door was busted in and residence ransacked. A suspect’s name was given. The responding officer reported the door wasn’t busted and nothing appeared to be missing.
1:18 a.m. – Tom Crowe Jr., 774 S. SR 57, Lot 77, reported being struck by Donnie Cato. The men had a verbal altercation that turned physical, and while officers were on the scene Crowe had a seizure and was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by Southwest Medical.
11:40 p.m. – An employee of Circle K reported a female subject poured Mad Dog 20-20 into her cola cup and paid for a cola but not the malt liquor. The subject’s vehicle information was given, and the incident is on video.
7:53 p.m. – A female caller reported her 14-month-old son had his head stuck between the stove and the kitchen sink at their residence on Fourth Street. Officers, Southwest Medical and the fire department responded and were on the scene until 8:01 p.m.
4:12 p.m. – Susan Dosch, Cherry Tree Court, Apt. 40, advised the back window and center light were busted out of her 2005 Chevrolet Uplander while it was parked in front of her apartment. A small boy saw it happen and reported another boy threw a rock at the vehicle.
4:42 a.m. – Grant L. Cannon, 48, Petersburg, was northbound on SR 57 approaching CR 600S at Sandy Hook Curve when a group of deer ran into the path of his 1991 Ford Escort. Cannon swerved to avoid the deer and collided with a guard rail on the east side of the roadway. He then traveled across the road and into a ditch on the west side, where the vehicle came to rest. He was trapped in the car and complained of lower back pain, so he was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by ambulance. Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
Emma Burch, 25, Loogootee, was arrested Friday by sheriff’s deputies. She was held at Daviess County Security Center on $2,000 bond.
Michael Vachet, 54, Moundsville, W.Va., was arrested Thursday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for failure to appear for driving while suspended. He was held on $4,000 bond.
Jail Population: 132
- Local News
- Don't count on boyfriend's ex for opinion DEAR ABBY: I'm con -sidering marrying a man who is divorced. We get along great, and I love and trust him. Is it ever appropriate to call the ex and discuss her side of the story? Or should I ask my boyfriend what she'd say if I were to contact her?
- DCH to expand with New Vision Daviess Community Hospital announced recently that it is expanding the hospital's existing inpatient medical stabilization service for adults by offering New Vision, a service operated through a management contract between Daviess Community Hospital
- Fire guts Washington home Washington fire fighters are still working on the exact cause of fire that sent a residence into the early Tuesday morning snow. The fire gutted Craig Geary's one story frame home at 411 NW 9th Street. "Mr. Geary told us he was sitting and watching t
Snow removal keeps crews busy
Road and street crews are still out trying to clear the way for motorists following several days of snow and ice. About 10 inches of snow has fallen on Daviess County in the past week putting road clearing crews to the test.
Gas explosion near Odon sends man to hospital
ODON -- A natural gas explosion at Green City Cabinets just outside of Odon Saturday sent one man to the hospital to be treated for burns. Owners of the family owned and operated business said that a natural gas leak inside the engine building caused
Tuesday's police report
CITY REPORT Monday 11:46 a.m. - Haley Weddle said the stereo to her SUV was stolen while parked at Walmart Supercenter, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, overnight. Sunday 4:07 p.m. - Daviess County Sheriff's dispatched relayed a call of a gas leak at 501 N.W. 11
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Shooting plays out on social media
The shooting of teenager Devan Burris has stirred emotions in family members of the young man and by those in connection with allegedly killing him. Burris, 17, was a soon-to-be father and girlfriend Kelly Fisher remembered him as a kind-hearted youn
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- More Local News Headlines