1:41 p.m. – Robbie Logston, 100 ∏ E. Main St., advised he’d been gone since 11 a.m. and while he was gone his door was busted in and residence ransacked. A suspect’s name was given. The responding officer reported the door wasn’t busted and nothing appeared to be missing.
1:18 a.m. – Tom Crowe Jr., 774 S. SR 57, Lot 77, reported being struck by Donnie Cato. The men had a verbal altercation that turned physical, and while officers were on the scene Crowe had a seizure and was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by Southwest Medical.
11:40 p.m. – An employee of Circle K reported a female subject poured Mad Dog 20-20 into her cola cup and paid for a cola but not the malt liquor. The subject’s vehicle information was given, and the incident is on video.
7:53 p.m. – A female caller reported her 14-month-old son had his head stuck between the stove and the kitchen sink at their residence on Fourth Street. Officers, Southwest Medical and the fire department responded and were on the scene until 8:01 p.m.
4:12 p.m. – Susan Dosch, Cherry Tree Court, Apt. 40, advised the back window and center light were busted out of her 2005 Chevrolet Uplander while it was parked in front of her apartment. A small boy saw it happen and reported another boy threw a rock at the vehicle.
4:42 a.m. – Grant L. Cannon, 48, Petersburg, was northbound on SR 57 approaching CR 600S at Sandy Hook Curve when a group of deer ran into the path of his 1991 Ford Escort. Cannon swerved to avoid the deer and collided with a guard rail on the east side of the roadway. He then traveled across the road and into a ditch on the west side, where the vehicle came to rest. He was trapped in the car and complained of lower back pain, so he was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by ambulance. Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
Emma Burch, 25, Loogootee, was arrested Friday by sheriff’s deputies. She was held at Daviess County Security Center on $2,000 bond.
Michael Vachet, 54, Moundsville, W.Va., was arrested Thursday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for failure to appear for driving while suspended. He was held on $4,000 bond.
Jail Population: 132
- Local News
- Sports Briefs WHS picks up a 1st and 2ndVINCENNES — On Wednesday, Washington finished second to Vincennes Rivet in a three-team match with North Daviess. Cheyenne Jones and Haven Lunsford led the Hatchets as both girls shot a 45, followed by Natalya Meinhart (47),
- State group looks to help with sale of landmark Washington Home For some folks it is known as the Kelly-Graham House. Other’s call it Mimi’s Place. Common parlance often calls it Graham’s Mansion. No matter what you call it the house on West Maple Street is a unique piece of architecture and will be featured as p
Friday's Police Report
CITY POLICE Friday 7:46 a.m. - Police received a report that someone got inside an unlocked vehicle at 604 N.E. 21st St., ransacked it and took some change. 7:54 a.m. - A resident told police someone got inside two unlocked vehicles parked at 2106 Pa
- Rowdy Nation to raise money for Loogootee pool LOOGOOTEE — Saturday is "Country Day" once again Loogootee and Nashville recording artist and Loogootee native Jackson Young is ready to get rowdy and raise funds for the Loogootee pool during a special concert beginning at 7 p.m. at the pool. Ticket
- Ballots set for school board elections Incumbents and challengers finished filing for local school board elections by the state deadline this Friday. According to the Daviess County Clerk's Office, there will be two contested races in Barr-Reeve and Washington districts while North Davies
- Washington School Board accepts athletic bus Members of the Washington School Board unanimously voted to accept the donation of a newer athletic bus for the corporation. Community members spent months working to raise the money to purchase the bus that replaces one that is over 30 years old. A
- Blessinger to move practice JASPER — Effective Oct. 1, Dr. Brian Blessinger will be transitioning his practice to the practice of Drs. Norris and Love at Norris & Love Orthopaedics & Sports. A native of Dubois County, Brian Blessinger, M.D. returned to the area to serve the reg
- German American announces promotions German American Bancorp, Inc. announces the promotions of five team members. These promotions reflect the company’s commitment to leadership development and the recognition of achievement and contributions to the company. Joe Dedman has been promoted
- Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend Daviess County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau Director Samantha Bobbitt said this year’s Wine, Art and Cheese Festival should offer something for everyone, even those not interested in wine. Slated to run from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. next Frida
- Sports Briefs Hatchets defeat Barr-ReeveThe Washington junior high tennis team defeated Barr-Reeve 5-0 Thursday afternoon. John Rook defeated Gage Wilson 8-0 and Braden Kixmiller defeated Isaac Wagler 8-6. Zach Gray defeated Brycen Graber 8-2. Nate Napier won in s
- More Local News Headlines