1:41 p.m. – Robbie Logston, 100 ∏ E. Main St., advised he’d been gone since 11 a.m. and while he was gone his door was busted in and residence ransacked. A suspect’s name was given. The responding officer reported the door wasn’t busted and nothing appeared to be missing.
1:18 a.m. – Tom Crowe Jr., 774 S. SR 57, Lot 77, reported being struck by Donnie Cato. The men had a verbal altercation that turned physical, and while officers were on the scene Crowe had a seizure and was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by Southwest Medical.
11:40 p.m. – An employee of Circle K reported a female subject poured Mad Dog 20-20 into her cola cup and paid for a cola but not the malt liquor. The subject’s vehicle information was given, and the incident is on video.
7:53 p.m. – A female caller reported her 14-month-old son had his head stuck between the stove and the kitchen sink at their residence on Fourth Street. Officers, Southwest Medical and the fire department responded and were on the scene until 8:01 p.m.
4:12 p.m. – Susan Dosch, Cherry Tree Court, Apt. 40, advised the back window and center light were busted out of her 2005 Chevrolet Uplander while it was parked in front of her apartment. A small boy saw it happen and reported another boy threw a rock at the vehicle.
4:42 a.m. – Grant L. Cannon, 48, Petersburg, was northbound on SR 57 approaching CR 600S at Sandy Hook Curve when a group of deer ran into the path of his 1991 Ford Escort. Cannon swerved to avoid the deer and collided with a guard rail on the east side of the roadway. He then traveled across the road and into a ditch on the west side, where the vehicle came to rest. He was trapped in the car and complained of lower back pain, so he was transported to Daviess Community Hospital by ambulance. Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
Emma Burch, 25, Loogootee, was arrested Friday by sheriff’s deputies. She was held at Daviess County Security Center on $2,000 bond.
Michael Vachet, 54, Moundsville, W.Va., was arrested Thursday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for failure to appear for driving while suspended. He was held on $4,000 bond.
Jail Population: 132
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City