- Local News
- Summerfest debuts this weekend MONTGOMERY — Lovers of the musical performances at the Montgomery Ruritan Turkey Trot will have double the pleasure this year as the Ruritan has organized its first Montgomery Summerfest. The one-day event will feature a beer garden beginning at 2 p.
- funeral IVES ‘BUD’ HARPER — The funeral for Ives “Bud” Harper was at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Odon, with Pastor Debbie Davis officiating.Pallbearers were Deanna Drabing, Nancy Harper,
- Faces of Life Baby Contest winners Daviess County Right To Life has announced the winner of their 2014 Face of Life Baby Contest was 9-month-old Rozlyn Kavanaugh. Rozlyn is the daughter of John and Amy Kavanaugh of Montgomery. In second place was 6-month-old Trenton Slaubaugh. He is t
- Military to restore program for fire depts. INDIANAPOLIS – An agreement has been reached to keep surplus military equipment rolling into rural fire department bays.The Department of Defense announced Wednesday that it’s resuming a popular program that provided rolling stock, engines and other
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 11:28 a.m. - A fire alarm was tripped at the Times Herald offices, 102 E. Van Trees St. No fire was found. 8:49 a.m. - Kelsie Miller, 200 Tower Drive, said her wallet was stolen from her garage. Cash and cards were reported missing
- Loogootee man arrested in Vincennes assault VINCENNES — A Loogootee man was arrested Thursday night in connection with a sexual assault in Vincennes. Mitchel J. Cunningham, 30, was taken into custody by Vincennes police after members of the public helped identify the suspect, according to a re
- Judge some books (and some covers) The Washington Carnegie Public Library Youth Summer Reading Program, Fizz, Boom, Read will wrap up next week when the Scholastic Book Fair comes to the library. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library and Psi Iota Xi, the book fair will be open Monda
- Alliance Barrier officially marks first I-69 jobs Alliance Barrier Films cut the ribbon Friday and are the first manufacturing plant along the southern half of I-69. The $25 million facility opening was part of a ceremony that announced plans for a 40,000 to 60,000-square foot building along Washing
MAP: Local Yard Sales
Here are the local yard sales for this weekend. To have your yard sale placed on future maps, call 812-254-0480, ext. 112.
- Wheatfest ready roll The Wheatland Lions Club is gearing up for its annual Wheatfest beginning tonight with a chicken noodle dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Methodist Church. After the dinner, festival goers can listen to Tony Rothrock and the Graber Boys at the she
- More Local News Headlines