Hatchet 8th cruises to victory
The Washington eighth grade basketball team defeated Loogootee to improve to 7-2 this season. The Hatchets were led in scoring by Matthew Stephens with 16 points. Max Lancaster added eight points, Jacob Overton had seven, Reid Neff scored six and Jeremiah Kirsch had four points.
Hatchets split 2 against Jasper
JASPER –– The Washington seventh grade basketball team split two games Tuesday evening against Jasper. In the A-game, Jasper defeated Washington 50-20. Scoring for the Hatchets were Evan Frances 8, Gage Latham 4, Billy Fleetwood 2, Marcus Thorne, Cameron Osmon 2 and Coby Robinson 2. In the B-game, the Hatchets defeated Jasper 46-42.
Scoring for the Hatchets was Sam Erb 14, Cameron Osmon 12, Jamal Robinson 8, Michael Deaves 4, Wesley Edwards 3, Kyle Humerickhouse 2, Jake Ledgerwood and Brandon Wolfe 1.
- Local Sports
- Vikings rout Warriors, 11-1 MONTGOMERY -- It's a simplistic approach, but baseball isn't rocket science. Hit the ball, catch the ball and throw the ball. Wednesday night that approach proved successful for Class A No. 11 Barr-Reeve (7-2) in the Vikings' 11-0 five inning win ov
- Area Baseball Statistics AREA BASEBALL STATS BATTING (Minumum 15 at-bats) BATTING AVERAGE A.J Graber (B-R) .423 C. Miller (LHS) .386 H. Bell (LHS) .381 L. James (B-R) .348 L. Bell (LHS) .321 A. Wittmer (ND) .320 L. Graber (B-R) .318 N. Gingerich (ND) .310 J. Blackwell (LHS)
- BNL downs Washington, 11-1 The Washington softball team lost another game Tuesday night, but coach Bret Graber sees signs of improvement that could pay dividends down the road. The Hatchets have yet to win a game this season, and to an outside observer, the 11-1 loss to Bedfo
- ND downs B-R 6-2 MONTGOMERY - The Lady Cougars scored four runs in the top of the third inning and that was enough for the victory as they went on to beat Barr-Reeve, 6-2 on Saturday. Molly Wallace started on the mound for the Vikings and took the loss, as she gave
- Loogootee defeats Washington, 16-6 LOOGOOTEE -- In the game of softball, a good offensive attack doesn't always mean the number of hits you can record, but rather the patience you can show at the plate. Loogootee used a big second inning to defeat Washington 16-6 in six innings due i
- Friday's Sports Briefs Hatchets beat Lions LOOGOOTEE -- The Washington girls tennis team defeated Loogootee 3-2 Thursday afternoon. Loogootee won the first two singles matches with Emily Bateman defeating Chelsee Brown 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-4 and Erin Nelson defeating Audrey Rog
- Hatchets get first win over Loogootee LOOGOOTEE -- The Loogootee baseball team had its chance to get back to .500 and pick up its fifth win of the season, but instead the visiting Washington Hatchets flipped the script to get their first win of the season. The Hatchets (1-4) scored four
- Sports Briefs Vikings beat Cardinals MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve girls tennis team defeated Washington Catholic, 5-0. Allison Hoover beat Macy Kane at No. 1 singles (6-2, 6-0), Melody Rohrer beat Claire Burch at No. 2 singles (6-0, 6-1) and at No. 3 singles, Beth
- Area girls tennis teams strive for sectional championship Spring is here and that means we have traded snow showers for almost daily thunderstorms, but the temperatures have warmed up and the girls tennis season is in full swing. Washington, Washington Catholic, North Daviess, Loogootee and Barr-Reeve all f
- Hughes named District 3 Coach of the Year Bryan Hughes has been coaching basketball for more than half of his life, he's received numerous accolades for his team's success, but one award in particular still brings him great pride. For the third time, Barr-Reeve's Bryan Hughes has been named
- More Local Sports Headlines