Hatchet 8th cruises to victory
The Washington eighth grade basketball team defeated Loogootee to improve to 7-2 this season. The Hatchets were led in scoring by Matthew Stephens with 16 points. Max Lancaster added eight points, Jacob Overton had seven, Reid Neff scored six and Jeremiah Kirsch had four points.
Hatchets split 2 against Jasper
JASPER –– The Washington seventh grade basketball team split two games Tuesday evening against Jasper. In the A-game, Jasper defeated Washington 50-20. Scoring for the Hatchets were Evan Frances 8, Gage Latham 4, Billy Fleetwood 2, Marcus Thorne, Cameron Osmon 2 and Coby Robinson 2. In the B-game, the Hatchets defeated Jasper 46-42.
Scoring for the Hatchets was Sam Erb 14, Cameron Osmon 12, Jamal Robinson 8, Michael Deaves 4, Wesley Edwards 3, Kyle Humerickhouse 2, Jake Ledgerwood and Brandon Wolfe 1.
- Local Sports
- Hatchets get first win over Loogootee LOOGOOTEE -- The Loogootee baseball team had its chance to get back to .500 and pick up its fifth win of the season, but instead the visiting Washington Hatchets flipped the script to get their first win of the season. The Hatchets (1-4) scored four
- Sports Briefs Vikings beat Cardinals MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve girls tennis team defeated Washington Catholic, 5-0. Allison Hoover beat Macy Kane at No. 1 singles (6-2, 6-0), Melody Rohrer beat Claire Burch at No. 2 singles (6-0, 6-1) and at No. 3 singles, Beth
- Area girls tennis teams strive for sectional championship Spring is here and that means we have traded snow showers for almost daily thunderstorms, but the temperatures have warmed up and the girls tennis season is in full swing. Washington, Washington Catholic, North Daviess, Loogootee and Barr-Reeve all f
- Hughes named District 3 Coach of the Year Bryan Hughes has been coaching basketball for more than half of his life, he's received numerous accolades for his team's success, but one award in particular still brings him great pride. For the third time, Barr-Reeve's Bryan Hughes has been named
Area Athletic Postponements
All Barr-Reeve and Washington athletic events for Tuesday were postponed due to inclement weather. Loogootee track and junior varsity baseball were also postponed. North Daviess baseball, girls tennis and boys golf still will go on as planned.
- WHS 4th at Vincennes Invitational VINCENNES -- The Hatchets finished with one of their top performances in several years Saturday in the Vincennes Invitational. Their team score of 327 was good for an overall finish in fourth place in the 18-team event. Tournament favorite Vincennes
- Nolley tosses 2nd straight no hitter in win LOOGOOTEE -- Over the first six games to start the baseball season, Loogootee (3-3) has struggled with consistency from its pitching staff. The lone exception would be southpaw Gabe Nolley. Nolley threw his second straight no hitter during Thursday
- Barr-Reeve wins opener at WHS Barr-Reeve was rusty in the field and at the plate, but Lucas Graber took care of the rest. The Vikings (1-0) defeated Washington (0-1) Wednesday night at the Sports Complex behind a complete game shut out from Graber. The Vikings and Hatchets ente
Lions drop Blue Chip opener to Warriors
LOOGOOTEE -- As the old adage goes, "momentum is the next day's starting pitcher." After two lopsided wins over the weekend, the Loogootee baseball team learned that didn't guarantee anything in week two of the regular season.
- ND looks to take step forward in 2014 ELNORA -- The last two season's have ended for the North Daviess baseball team in similar fashion -- a close loss to a talented team in the sectional. In 2012 it was Loogootee and last year it was Barr-Reeve, both games were decided by a combined fou
- More Local Sports Headlines