MT. CARMEL, Ill. —
Hatchets win tenth game
The Washington softball team (10-4, 3-1 Big Eight) scored six runs in the first two innings to roll to a 9-0 victory Saturday over Mt. Carmel. The Hatchets got a dominant pitching performance from Allexis Lemon, who allowed three hits and struck out 12. Lauren White had four RBI, Paige Hawthorne fell a home run shy of hitting for the cycle while adding two RBI. Ashley Elliott and Brenda Santos added one RBI apiece.
Knepp, Hunsinger named to All-State
Barr-Reeve’s Jenna Knepp and Washington’s Ally Hunsinger have been named to the Indiana Coaches of Girls Sports Association All-State teams.
Knepp was named to the first team, she led the Vikings with 15.3 points, 7.8 rebounds and 7.3 assists per game as well as 88 percent shooting from the free throw line.
Hunsinger was named to the second team, she led the Hatchets with 18.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game, along with shooting 72 percent from the free throw line and 52 percent from the field.
There were 15 members named to each of the first and second team All-State.
Lincoln defeats Barr-Reeve in 10
MONTGOMERY - Barr-Reeve took Vincennes Lincoln to 10 innings in a softball game last Thursday, but the Alices defeated the Vikings, 1-0.
Two Barr-Reeve pitchers, Molly Wallace and Elaina Kavanaugh, combined for the one-run loss. Wallace pitched eight innings, allowing four hits with three walks and a strikeout. Kavanaugh pitched the final two innings, allowing two hits including the game winner. She also had a strikeout and a walk.
Five Vikings reached base, including Skylar Chestnut, Briona Miller, Henley Dant, Molly Wallace and Courtney Pruett. All reached on singles.
Barr-Reeve is on the road today at Tecumseh.
MT. CARMEL, Ill. —
Hatchets win tenth game
- Local Sports
- Loogootee defeats Washington, 16-6 LOOGOOTEE -- In the game of softball, a good offensive attack doesn't always mean the number of hits you can record, but rather the patience you can show at the plate. Loogootee used a big second inning to defeat Washington 16-6 in six innings due i
- Friday's Sports Briefs Hatchets beat Lions LOOGOOTEE -- The Washington girls tennis team defeated Loogootee 3-2 Thursday afternoon. Loogootee won the first two singles matches with Emily Bateman defeating Chelsee Brown 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-4 and Erin Nelson defeating Audrey Rog
- Hatchets get first win over Loogootee LOOGOOTEE -- The Loogootee baseball team had its chance to get back to .500 and pick up its fifth win of the season, but instead the visiting Washington Hatchets flipped the script to get their first win of the season. The Hatchets (1-4) scored four
- Sports Briefs Vikings beat Cardinals MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve girls tennis team defeated Washington Catholic, 5-0. Allison Hoover beat Macy Kane at No. 1 singles (6-2, 6-0), Melody Rohrer beat Claire Burch at No. 2 singles (6-0, 6-1) and at No. 3 singles, Beth
- Area girls tennis teams strive for sectional championship Spring is here and that means we have traded snow showers for almost daily thunderstorms, but the temperatures have warmed up and the girls tennis season is in full swing. Washington, Washington Catholic, North Daviess, Loogootee and Barr-Reeve all f
- Hughes named District 3 Coach of the Year Bryan Hughes has been coaching basketball for more than half of his life, he's received numerous accolades for his team's success, but one award in particular still brings him great pride. For the third time, Barr-Reeve's Bryan Hughes has been named
Area Athletic Postponements
All Barr-Reeve and Washington athletic events for Tuesday were postponed due to inclement weather. Loogootee track and junior varsity baseball were also postponed. North Daviess baseball, girls tennis and boys golf still will go on as planned.
- WHS 4th at Vincennes Invitational VINCENNES -- The Hatchets finished with one of their top performances in several years Saturday in the Vincennes Invitational. Their team score of 327 was good for an overall finish in fourth place in the 18-team event. Tournament favorite Vincennes
- Nolley tosses 2nd straight no hitter in win LOOGOOTEE -- Over the first six games to start the baseball season, Loogootee (3-3) has struggled with consistency from its pitching staff. The lone exception would be southpaw Gabe Nolley. Nolley threw his second straight no hitter during Thursday
- Barr-Reeve wins opener at WHS Barr-Reeve was rusty in the field and at the plate, but Lucas Graber took care of the rest. The Vikings (1-0) defeated Washington (0-1) Wednesday night at the Sports Complex behind a complete game shut out from Graber. The Vikings and Hatchets ente
- More Local Sports Headlines