- Local Sports
- Zeller's Celtic games will air on WAMW Now that former Washington graduate Tyler Zeller is a Boston Celtic, his hometown radio station has changed NBA affiliations. DLC Media, Inc. the licensee of Radio Station WAMW-AM 1580 and 95.9 FM will broadcast several Boston Celtics games this seas
- Washington 12U falls to Evansville Golfmoor LOOGOOTEE — A terrific run for the Washington 12U All Stars came to a close at the hands of Southwestern Indiana Little League powerhouse Evansville Golfmoor 15-0 in the district finals at Loogootee on Friday.But the loss didn’t diminish the longest
- Cody Zeller looks for bigger role CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The Charlotte Hornets are turning to a pair of young, inexperienced power forwards after losing Josh McRoberts in free agency. McRoberts was the one player coach Steve Clifford said the team couldn't afford to lose this offseas
- Freedom wins right before Fourth The Washington American Legion Post 121 Freedom started its Fourth of July holiday right with a 7-2 victory over Boonville on Wednesday.Skyler Veilluex pitched six and a third innings to pick up his fourth victory of the year. Brayden Walls pitched t
Little League 10s and 12s in championship games
This Monday, 26 Washington boys will have the opportunity to move on in the Little League tournament as the 10U and 12U All-Star teams play in district championship games.
- Showalter hits hole-in-one MONTGOMERY — Tony Showalter hit a hole-in-one at Country Oaks Golf Club on Wednesday. Showalter hit the ace on the 130-yard Par 3 eighth hole with a 9-iron. The shot was witnessed by: Brock Higgins, Galen Lengacher and Noah Miller.
- B-R cheerleaders, softball seniors honored The Barr-Reeve Cheerleaders as they were honored at the recent awards banquet. Front row (from left): Kara Nicholson, Kierston Wood, Sarah Chaney and Natalie Walker. Back row: Morgan Yoder, Brooklyn Wittmer, Kirsten Purdue, Chanell Yoder and Jennifer
- 2014 Times Herald spring All-Area team announced BASEBALLPOY: Casey Miller, LoogooteeFirst TeamJake Bedwell, WashingtonAustin Moody, WashingtonDalton Devine, WashingtonAlex Wittmer, North DaviessLogan Wagler, North DaviessAdam Graber, Barr-ReeveLucas Graber, Barr-ReeveTrevor Yoder, Barr-ReeveHayden
- Miller's work ethic helped break records LOOGOOTEE — Motivation can come from a number of places, but for Casey Miller it can be traced back to one season long before he was a household name in the historic Loogootee baseball program. Miller, a 2014 Loogootee graduate can look back fondly n
- Wednesday's Sports Briefs Washington Catholic open fieldsThe Washington Catholic girls soccer team will have an open field Monday at 5:30 p.m. at Rees Field. In the event of bad weather, girls should report to the Washington Catholic gym. Freedom split two weekend gamesThe Wa
- More Local Sports Headlines