- Local Sports
Lions drop Blue Chip opener to Warriors
LOOGOOTEE -- As the old adage goes, "momentum is the next day's starting pitcher." After two lopsided wins over the weekend, the Loogootee baseball team learned that didn't guarantee anything in week two of the regular season.
- ND looks to take step forward in 2014 ELNORA -- The last two season's have ended for the North Daviess baseball team in similar fashion -- a close loss to a talented team in the sectional. In 2012 it was Loogootee and last year it was Barr-Reeve, both games were decided by a combined fou
- Cougars ready for new season ELNORA -- Entering last year's sectional at North Daviess, the Cougar softball team was the prohibitive favorite after one of the best regular seasons in recent memory. North Daviess was upset in the first round by Barr-Reeve on its own field and the
- Loogootee starts new chapter with Woolems LOOGOOTEE -- A year ago at this time, Loogootee was thinking the potential of playing for a state championship in Indianapolis, but Sectional 63 turned out to be unforgiving to the Lions lofty aspirations. At the start of the 2014 season, Loogootee h
- Barr-Reeve ready to defend sectional crown Barr-Reeve ready to defend sectional crown By Lou Kavanaugh Times Herald
- Lions drop opener to West Washington LOOGOOTEE -- The opening game of every baseball season bring hope and promise, but that can change quickly. Loogootee fell 8-7 to West Washington after blowing a four-run lead in Tuesday's season opener at Les Page Field. Despite holding a 4-0 lead
- Vikings ready for first pitch of 2014 prep baseball season MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve baseball team is coming off its best season in recent years, but Vikings fans will have a to wait a few more days for the first pitch. Barr-Reeve was scheduled to open their 2014 baseball season on Monday, but with the s
Barr-Reeve falls short in state title game
The opportunity to win a state championship doesn't come around every year and nobody knows that more than Barr-Reeve.
The Vikings (26-2) let a 10-point fourth quarter lead slip in away in Saturday's 70-66 overtime loss to Marquette Catholic (20-6) in the Class A State Championship.
- Bullock, Hunsinger named All-Stars Barr-Reeve's Micah Bullock and Washington's Ally Hunsinger have been named to the North/South Indiana All-Star Classic which will be played April 13 at Vincennes University. Bullock was named to the North team and Hunsinger to the South squad. Bulloc
Sailing to State
Images, stories, and information on Barr-Reeve High School's Boy's basketball team heading to the IHSAA Class A State Championships in Indianapolis on March 29, 2014.
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Lions drop Blue Chip opener to Warriors