- Local Sports
Loogootee wins season opener
The Loogootee Lions kicked off their 2013-14 season by defeating the Irvington Prep Ravens in the first round of the Loogootee Tribune Thanksgiving Classic Tournament.
The Lions defeated the Ravens 52-35, using foul shots to pull away in the fourth quarter.
- Lady Lions lose in final seconds LOOGOOTEE - The Loogootee varsity girl's team lost to South Central 49-48, in a game that came down to the final seconds. The Lions fell just short of beating South Central after a strong defensive effort kept the Lions from scoring in the final 20
- Area Schedule Area Schedule Today Boys Basketball Washington Catholic at North Daviess 6 p.m. Loogootee Boys Tournament 10:30 a.m. Girls Basketball Washington at Barr-Reeve 6 p.m. Monday None
- Lady Hatchets defeated Vincennes Lincoln for third win VINCENNES -- The Lady Hatchets improved their record to 3-1 and 1-1 in conference play by defeating Vincennes Lincoln, 46-34 on Tuesday night. The Lady Hatchets got off to a quick start leading 15-9 at the end of the first quarter. In the second qu
- Vikings down Hatchets in season opener The traditional start to the high school basketball season opened at the Hatchet House on Wednesday. The No.1 Class A Barr-Reeve Vikings used a double-digit rebounding advantage and the athleticism of senior Micah Bullock to post a 53-42 win over the
- Lions fall to Lady Cougars The North Daviess girl's basketball team defeated Loogootee 49-26 on Tuesday at Jack Butcher Arena in Loogootee. The game seemed evenly matched at the end of the first quarter with the Cougars leading the Lions, 9-8. However, during the second quarte
- Washington runs past Arrows in home opener It wasn't pretty, but the Washington girls basketball team earned its second win of the season. The Hatchets (2-1) defeated Sullivan (1-0) 74-39 Friday night at the Hatchet House in the home opener behind a balanced offensive attack featuring front
Vikings roll past Linton, 75-16
So much for rust.
The Barr-Reeve girls basketball team entered Thursday night’s season opener with questions about if it would have any lingering rust after the quick turnaround from the volleyball state championship run. Those questions were answered with an emphatic no.
B-R's DeCoursey named Class A coach of the year
Some 23-year-olds often have trouble adapting to life after college. At the ripe old age of 23, you are often done with college and thrust into real commitments and expectations. Nothing seems easy at the time. Barr-Reeve volleyball coach Amber DeCoursey went through these growing pains as well, but 14 years later she has everything figured out.
- Webster brings back Gold Medal ELNORA -- North Daviess junior Madi Webster arrived at North Daviess early Tuesday afternoon with her mom and gymnastics coach, hoping to get back in the classroom, but what she got instead left her speechless. Webster had just returned from Sophia,
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Loogootee wins season opener