- Local Sports
- Lady Hatchets blast past South Knox VINCENNES - The Washington girls' basketball team needed a few minutes to wake up, but after that, it was smooth sailing. Washington (1-0) defeated South Knox 61-25 Tuesday night in the season opener at South Knox. The Spartans jumped out to a quick
- Area Sports Calendar Local Calendar TUESDAY Girls Basketball Washington at South Knox 6:30 p.m. WEDNESDAY 11/13 None THURSDAY 11/14 Girls Basketball North Daviess at Washington Catholic 7 p.m.
- Knepp leads Barr-Reeve to first state volleyball title MUNCIE -- Jenna Knepp could barely breathe with all the excitement around. Knepp helped Barr-Reeve win its first volleyball state championship and was given the Mental Attitude Award following the 3-1 victory over Lafayette Central Catholic Saturday
- Barr-Reeve wins 2013 Class A volleyball state championship MUNCIE -- Barr-Reeve volleyball means so much to so many people in Montgomery, but none more than Amber DeCoursey. After 14 years leading one of the elite volleyball programs in Southwestern Indiana, DeCoursey and her team have reached the top of the
STORIFY LIVE: Barr-Reeve at State Finals
Here are some of the sights, sounds and action from the Class A State Volleyballl Final between Barr-Reeve and Lafayette Central Catholic in Muncie.
- Seniors finally get chance at state One point. That's how close the Barr-Reeve Vikings were to advancing to the Class A state championship in 2010. The Vikings lost the first two sets in that year's semistate championship match to their 2013 opponent -- Indianapolis Lutheran. Barr-Ree
- Sprint Cup down to two The 2013 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship all comes down to two. Two drivers, Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth, and two tracks, Phoenix and Homestead. With just seven points separating Johnson and Kenseth, the championship could go either
- Sports Briefs Volleyball State Finals on television The IHSAA volleyball championship matches will be televised Saturday on FOX Sports Indiana Plus. The Class A match between Barr-Reeve and Lafayette Central Catholic will be shown live at 11 a.m. Coverage from Wor
- Volleyball the Viking way MONTGOMERY -- Since the passage of Title IX in 1972, which essentially opened the door the female team sports across the United States, there can't be many more stories of a successful program than the Barr-Reeve volleyball team. Since their initial
- Vikings try for first state title Saturday MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve Vikings have been here before. The Vikings (37-2) will battle Lafayette Central Catholic (29-9) for the Class A volleyball state championship Saturday morning at Worthen Arena on the campus of Ball State University. Barr
- More Local Sports Headlines