- Local Sports
- Bullock named to All-District MONTGOMERY -- Barr-Reeve senior Micah Bullock was named to the Hoosier Basketball Coaches Association District 1 Basketball Team. Bullock averaged 15 points and four assists this season, while shooting 43 percent from behind the three-point line and
- Vikings look to win first state title Saturday MONTGOMERY -- Since the day Barr-Reeve hired Bryan Hughes to coach the Barr-Reeve basketball program, the Vikings have played 525 games. A win Saturday afternoon would lift the program to new heights as the Class A State Champion. Barr-Reeve (26-1)
- Barr-Reeve ticket sales Barr-Reeve ticket sales Tuesday 3 p.m. - Parents of Varsity Boys Basketball Players (Limit 6 per Player: For immediate family, fill out form) 3:30 p.m. -Boys High School Coaches, High School Cheer Coaches (Limit 6 per Coach: For Immediate Family, Fi
- Perkins is 2nd in Ky. Barr-Reeve sophomore Jarit Perkins finished second overall Friday night in the KY/5K Showdown at The Christian Academy of Louisville. The invitation only 5000-meter event pitted Perkins against the top distance runners in Kentucky. Perkins time of 1
Barr-Reeve advances to 4th state championship game
For the first time in four years, Barr-Reeve is heading back to the state championship game in Indianapolis.
The Vikings (26-1) defeated Clay City (20-7) 75-55 in Saturday's Class A Semistate Saturday afternoon at the Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium behind a balanced offensive attack led by Addison Wagler's 24 points.
- Players named to Academic All-State Team Washington Lady Hatchet basketball players Audra Stallman and Ally Hunsinger, were recently named to the Indiana Girls Coaches Sports Association Academic All-State team. To be honored for this team, the student-athletes had to have at least a 3.5 GP
- Vikings take on Clay City at semistate MONTGOMERY -- It's been four years, but Barr-Reeve is one win from playing for a state championship in Indianapolis again. The Vikings (25-1) will face Clay City (20-6) in the Class A Semistate at Seymour Saturday at 1 p.m. Barr-Reeve enters the con
- Senior trio will be missed When the girls basketball season gets underway seven months from now, there will be a noticeable difference in the overall talent level across Daviess County. The senior class of 2014 has been especially special to the area, but a trio of girls will
- Knepp steps down as ND girls coach ELNORA -- North Daviess has experienced a resurgence in its girls basketball program, but next year a new coach will take the reigns. Ron Knepp has stepped down after eight years with the Cougars basketball program and the last five years as the hea
- Area boys named to All-Conference teams MONTGOMERY -- The boys basketball season has only two possible games left -- semistate and the state championship. Barr-Reeve has dominated, but all the players that have excelled from the area were honored this week. North Daviess' Alex Wittmer and
- More Local Sports Headlines