- Local Sports
- WC boys basketball drops two games The Washington Catholic boys basketball team suffered two more losses over the weekend and the Cardinals have just two games left in the regular season before the postseason begins. Washington Catholic (4-13) lost to Springs Valley (8-12), 59-57 Fri
- Barr-Reeve, North Daviess Sectional tickets on sale Barr-Reeve, North Daviess Sectional tickets on sale Local schools have announced ticket sales for the Class A Sectional at North Daviess. Barr-Reeve tickets for the Class A North Daviess Sectional will start Tuesday at the high school office during n
- Girls Hatchet Classic held over weekend Washington Junior High School 8th grader Sara Lewis leads a fast break for the Lady Hatchets on Saturday in the Washington Lady Hatchet Classic, played in gyms all over the city on Saturday and Sunday. Teams from fourth grade through 8th participated
Sectional pairings announced
As the month of February comes to a close, postseason basketball is right around the corner.
The boys sectional draw for all five classes in Indiana took place Sunday afternoon and now we know the who, when and where in the race for a state championship.
- Let the kids storm The act of storming the court is one of the most polarizing topics in college sports for a variety reasons — most of them are negative. The view on whether or not it's the right time to storm the court after a big win for the home team tends to be ol
- Cougars fall short to WRV ELNORA - Despite a late rally from North Daviess, the Cougars fell 55-52 to SWIAC foe White River Valley on Friday at the Cougar Den. ND was down 16-8 after one and 25-16 at the half, but tied the score at 35 after three. WRV then won the battle of t
Cougars hold on for win over North Central
Wednesday night’s game at the Cougar Den looked like a blowout midway through the third quarter, but North Daviess still needed to make a few clutch free throws in the final minute.
The Cougars (9-9, 4-2 Southwestern Indiana) defeated North Central (Farmersburg) (5-9, 2-4) 68-57 behind a total team effort on the offensive end for North Daviess’ third win in its last four games. Despite the victory, questions remain for the Cougars after they had trouble closing the game out in the final minutes.
- Cougars hold on for win over North Central ELNORA -- Wednesday night's game at the Cougar Den looked like a blowout midway through the third quarter, but North Daviess still needed to make a few clutch free throws in the final minute. The Cougars (9-9, 4-2 Southwestern Indiana) defeated Nort
- WHS ends season at semistate The Washington wrestling team finished its season Saturday at Semistate at Evansville at the Ford Center as the six remaining wrestlers did not advance to the state finals. Four wrestlers --126 lb junior Ryan Koerner, 132 lb senior Edgardo Meza, 138
- Southridge outlasts Washington HUNGTINBURG - A difficult third quarter proved fatal as Washington was unable to cool off a hot Southridge squad in a 61-52 loss at Memorial Gymnasium on Tuesday. Class 3A No. 12 Southridge (15-4) brought an eight-game winning streak into the contest
- More Local Sports Headlines