- Local Sports
- North Daviess' magical season continues at State ELNORA -- Two months ago this didn't seem possible. Even four weeks ago, the thought of winning a softball sectional was far from a certainty for North Daviess. Yet, in the second week of June, the Cougars are preparing to play in the Class A State C
- Sports Briefs Junior Golf at Country Oaks MONTGOMERY -- Junior Golf Outings for Country Oaks will start June 16. Session No. 1 Monday thru Thursday June 16th-19th 9-11 a.m. Session No. 2 Monday thru Thursday June 23rd-26th 5:45-7:45 p.m.
Cougars defeat Eels to win semistate
A season that started with six straight losses for North Daviess will end at the state title game.
The Cougars (18-11) defeated Clay City (20-10) 3-1 to win the Class A Softball Semistate behind a complete team effort. Tailon Graber once again was dynamic in the circle and the Cougars scored just enough runs to deliver two wins on the day.
Cougars beat Rising Sun in semistate semis
For the third time this postseason, North Daviess' Tailon Graber threw a complete game shutout and the Cougars' offense did just enough to secure a victory.
The Cougars (17-11) defeated Rising Sun (23-7) 1-0 in the semistate semifinals Saturday afternoon in Elnora to advance to tonight's championship game with Clay City(20-9), who defeated West Washington 5-4 in the first game.
- Hatton takes sectional, WHS, Wagler advance VINCENNES — The Washington Hatchets will return to regional for the third straight year, after posting a 307 to tie them with Vincennes Lincoln for second at the Vincennes Sectional on Friday. Vincennes Rivet was the overall winner with a 298. Not on
- Cougars ride wave of momentum to semistate ELNORA -- Momentum is a funny thing. It can be hard to grasp, but once you have it, you don't want to let it go. North Daviess (16-11) has rode a wave of momentum to an improbable run to the program's second ever regional title and first appearance i
- Davis jumps at State BLOOMINGTON — There was a look of disappointment on Kaitlyn Davis' face that you couldn't miss, but Washington coach Maegan McPherson couldn't have been more proud. The Washington freshman finished outside the top 10 finalists in the long jump at the
- Sports Briefs GPC Washington Open to tee off The Washington Country Club will be hosting the GPC Washington Open Golf Tournament beginning Friday night with the Olon Shootout. Spots are still available for both the Seniors and regular brackets. After the shootout
- Davis ready for State Finals BLOOMINGTON -- Sometimes experience doesn't matter. To win a championship in any sport at any level, the conventional wisdom tells us that experience is needed, but that old adage isn't full-proof. Washington freshman Kaitlyn Davis was the lone Hatc
- North Daviess wins first regional title since 2005 ELNORA -- The Tecumseh Braves entered Tuesday looking for their eighth straight regional title, but North Daviess had other ideas. The Cougars (16-11) jumped on the Braves (17-11) immediately on their way to a 7-2 victory to clinch a berth in Saturd
- More Local Sports Headlines