- Local Sports
- Washington runs past Arrows in home opener It wasn't pretty, but the Washington girls basketball team earned its second win of the season. The Hatchets (2-1) defeated Sullivan (1-0) 74-39 Friday night at the Hatchet House in the home opener behind a balanced offensive attack featuring front
Vikings roll past Linton, 75-16
So much for rust.
The Barr-Reeve girls basketball team entered Thursday night’s season opener with questions about if it would have any lingering rust after the quick turnaround from the volleyball state championship run. Those questions were answered with an emphatic no.
B-R's DeCoursey named Class A coach of the year
Some 23-year-olds often have trouble adapting to life after college. At the ripe old age of 23, you are often done with college and thrust into real commitments and expectations. Nothing seems easy at the time. Barr-Reeve volleyball coach Amber DeCoursey went through these growing pains as well, but 14 years later she has everything figured out.
- Webster brings back Gold Medal ELNORA -- North Daviess junior Madi Webster arrived at North Daviess early Tuesday afternoon with her mom and gymnastics coach, hoping to get back in the classroom, but what she got instead left her speechless. Webster had just returned from Sophia,
Thursday's Sports Briefs
Hatchets fall to Mt. Carmel MT. CARMEL, Ill. -- The Washington girls basketball team lost to Mt. Carmel Tuesday night, 84-57. The Hatchets trailed 35-32 at halftime, but in the third quarter, the Aces outscored Washington 35-8 behind six Tyra Buss 3
- Cougars breeze past Springs Valley ELNORA -- Last season the North Daviess girls basketball team struggled to score at times, but this season there has been no such trouble. The Cougars (2-0) defeated Springs Valley 56-29 Tuesday night in the Cougar Den behind a balanced offensive att
- Lady Cougars run away from Washington Catholic For one brief minute the Washington Catholic Lady Cardinals held the lead on the North Daviess Lady Cougars. It might have been the only glimmer of light they saw all night. After grabbing a 1-0 lead in the opening minute North Daviess came back and
- Lady Hatchets blast past South Knox VINCENNES - The Washington girls' basketball team needed a few minutes to wake up, but after that, it was smooth sailing. Washington (1-0) defeated South Knox 61-25 Tuesday night in the season opener at South Knox. The Spartans jumped out to a quick
- Area Sports Calendar Local Calendar TUESDAY Girls Basketball Washington at South Knox 6:30 p.m. WEDNESDAY 11/13 None THURSDAY 11/14 Girls Basketball North Daviess at Washington Catholic 7 p.m.
- Knepp leads Barr-Reeve to first state volleyball title MUNCIE -- Jenna Knepp could barely breathe with all the excitement around. Knepp helped Barr-Reeve win its first volleyball state championship and was given the Mental Attitude Award following the 3-1 victory over Lafayette Central Catholic Saturday
- More Local Sports Headlines