- Local Sports
- Miles named All-Star assistant Gretchen Miles has been blessed with great coaches and parents throughout her life, which has allowed her to reach new heights each season with the Washington girls basketball program. Miles was named an assistant coach for the Indiana-Kentucky All-S
- Friday's Sports Briefs Big 8 All-Conference Team Washington finished with a disappointing 2-4 record in the Big 8 season, but still earned some recognition. Colten Garland was the lone Hatchet to be chosen for the All-Conference team. Joining Garland were, Princeton's Col
Barr-Reeve ready for regional
LOOGOOTEE -- For the second year in a row, Barr-Reeve will play in the boys basketball regional at Loogootee, but this time around the Vikings are hoping for two victories.
- Barr-Reeve wins 2nd straight sectional crown ELNORA -- An accomplishment that once seemed like a certainty, became a reality Monday night. No. 1 Barr-Reeve (23-1) won its second straight Class A sectional championship Monday night at the Cougar Den by beating Vincennes Rivet (11-13), 54-31 beh
- WHS falls short in semifinals HUNGTINBURG - The Washington Hatchets battled hard but weren't quite able to seal the deal as Heritage Hills moved onto the championship game of Sectional 31 with a 41-38 win at Memorial Gymnasium on Friday. Washington (7-15) trailed Heritage Hills (
- Saturday's Sports Briefs Washington Wrestling Sign ups Sign ups for wrestling will be this Friday and Monday at Lena Dunn Elementary School from 5-7 p.m. Wrestling will begin March 11 at Lena Dunn at 6 pm. Cost is $25. Any questions, contact coach John Thompson at 812-766-91
- WC's season ends against Rivet ELNORA -- Sometimes the term success is in the eye of the beholder. Washington Catholic saw its season end at the hands of Vincennes Rivet 47-32 in the bye game of the North Daviess Sectional. Although the Cardinals did not emerge victorious, they di
Time to seed the state tournament
The Indiana boys basketball state tournament got underway Tuesday night as the most exciting month in high school began. As the old saying goes, "In 49 other states, it's just basketball, but this is Indiana." With that in mind, the IHSAA needs to to take a long look at seeding the state tournament.
- Sports Briefs Washington Wrestling Sign ups Sign ups for wrestling will be this Friday and Monday at Lena Dunn Elementary School from 5-7 p.m. Wrestling will begin March 11 at Lena Dunn at 6 pm. Cost is $25. Any questions, contact coach John Thompson at 812-766-91
- WHS upsets No. 11 Southridge HUNTINGBURG -- It's an old adage in sports that once the postseason begins, all teams start over with 0-0 records. That adage turned into a prophecy for the Washington Hatchets on Wednesday at Southridge. Washington cooled off the hot host Raiders, e
- More Local Sports Headlines