- Local Sports
- Southridge outlasts Washington HUNGTINBURG - A difficult third quarter proved fatal as Washington was unable to cool off a hot Southridge squad in a 61-52 loss at Memorial Gymnasium on Tuesday. Class 3A No. 12 Southridge (15-4) brought an eight-game winning streak into the contest
- Lions blow by Cardinals at Bird Cage The historic Loogootee boys basketball team isn't having the kind of year its used to, but the Lions can still turn in nights like these. Loogootee (6-12, 3-3 Blue Chip) defeated Washington Catholic (4-11, 1-7) 62-49 behind a dominant offensive atta
Rivet downs Vikings for sectional crown
The Barr-Reeve basketball team had Vincennes Rivet back on its heels in the first quarter, but over the final three quarters, the Patriots played a near perfect game.
Vincennes Rivet defeated Barr-Reeve 59-46 to win the Class A Sectional 63 championship Monday night at Jack Butcher Arena and clinch the Patriots’ second straight sectional crown and the sixth time in the past seven years.
- Rivet downs B-R for sectional crown LOOGOOTEE -- The Barr-Reeve basketball team had Vincennes Rivet back on its heels in the first quarter, but over the final three quarters, the Patriots played a near perfect game. Vincennes Rivet defeated Barr-Reeve 59-46 to win the Class A Sectiona
- Vikings topple Forest Park MONTGOMERY -- While more inclement weather forced changes to the Loogootee Girls Sectional lineup on Saturday, Barr-Reeve (17-1) and Forest Park (9-9) were able to play their regularly scheduled Saturday afternoon matinee contest. While the Vikings f
- Hatchets fly away from Day Hatchets fly away from Day By Mike Myers Times Herald
Vikings use 4th quarter comeback to take down Cougars in sectional
The North Daviess girls basketball team did everything right for three quarters, but you have to play a full game if you want to beat Barr-Reeve — especially in the postseason.
Barr-Reeve (17-3) outscored North Daviess (16-5) 19-3 in the fourth quarter of Saturday's Class A Sectional 63 semifinal to earn a 51-45 victory and advance to Monday night's championship game against Vincennes Rivet at Jack Butcher Arena.
Lady Hatchets fall to Southridge in sectional
VINCENNES – A magnificent season came to a sudden and sad end for the Washington Lady Hatchets as Southridge eliminated the state’s ninth-ranked team 41-40 in semifinal action of Sectional 31 at Alice Arena on Saturday.
- North Daviess downs Union, 63-45 ELNORA -- With only four games left in the regular season, the North Daviess boys basketball team has regained its rhythm that helped them start the season so well. The Cougars (8-9, 3-2 Southwestern Indiana) defeated conference foe Union Dugger (3-
- Girls sectional postponed Friday night Both Loogootee and Vincennes Lincoln girls basketball sectional games were postponed Friday night due to inclement weather. The semifinal games at both locations will tip off with the first games at 10 a.m. today with the second semifinal to follow a
- More Local Sports Headlines