- Local Sports
- Hatchets 5th at Washington Invite MONTGOMERY -- The Washington Hatchets played hosts to 14 other schools for the annual Washington Invitations, hosted by Country Oaks. Washington finished fifth with a team score of 326. "Max Nickless (Course Superintendent) and his staff did a great
Rivet takes down Vikings for sectional title
For eight innings, Barr-Reeve looked like a team capable of completing an enormous upset, but one play changed everything.
Vincennes Rivet (19-7) defeated Barr-Reeve (16-9) 1-0 in nine innings in the Class A baseball sectional championship game at Les Page Field Saturday night.
Hatchets advance to championship game
HUNTINGBURG – The Washington Hatchets may not have entered the Southridge Sectional as one of the favorites, but that’s the beauty of the postseason – regular season records mean just as much as the ceremonial first pitch.
Barr-Reeve tops North Daviess 7-6 in sectional
For the second year in a row, Barr-Reeve topped North Daviess by a run in extra innings in the baseball sectional.
The Vikings used a suicide squeeze from sophomore Logan James to score Adam Graber in the bottom of the 11th inning to defeat the Cougars, 7-6.
Jacob Smiley led the Cougar offense with two RBIs, while Clay Wilson, Nate Gingerich and Tommy Newby each added an RBI. James, Lucas Graber, Trevor Yoder and Jalon Graber each had an RBI for the Vikings.
Graber earned the victory with 7 2-3 scoreless innings of relief for Barr-Reeve.
Rivet downs Loogootee 11-1 in sectional semis
For the second year in a row, Vincennes Rivet has ended Loogootee's season.
The Patriots (18-7) defeated the Lions (15-12) 11-1 in the semifinals of the Class A baseball sectional at Les Page Field. The Lions fell to the Patriots 5-4 a year ago in the sectional.
- Hatchets down Jasper MONTGOMERY -- Big 8 rivals Jasper and Washington played an 18-hole dual match yesterday at Country Oaks. Washington won the event with a 319-322 posted by the Big 8 champion Wildcats. "This was a good day for us. We have been competitive with Jasper
- Washington upsets Mitchell in sectional, 2-0 HUNTINGBURG -- Washington coach Steve Reed knew his team would be a huge underdog Thursday afternoon against Mitchell, but as he told his team this week,"let's go shock somebody." The Hatchets pulled the first big upset of the postseason in defeating
- Baseball sectional ready for first pitch Baseball sectional ready for first pitch By Dennis Glade Times Herald
- Cougars win sectional title ELNORA -- It's not how you start, but how you finish. Wednesday night, North Daviess (15-11) defeated Bloomfield 4-0 to capture its first softball sectional title since 2009 to cap a magical run towards an improbable championship. The Cougars starte
- Davis advances to State Finals Washington Freshman Kaitlyn Davis advanced to next week's State Finals at Indiana University-Bloomington after finishing third in the long jump (17'01) Tuesday night at the Evansville Central Regional. Davis' jump broke the 26-year-old school record
- More Local Sports Headlines