- Local Sports
- Vikings ready for semistate MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve Vikings are back at semi-state. Barr-Reeve (35-2) will take on Bloomfield (19-11) in the second game of the four-team Class A volleyball semistate Saturday afternoon at Jack Butcher Arena in Loogootee. Indianapolis Luthe
- Cougars ready to roar in Round 2 of sectional play North Daviess (8-2) v. Perry Central (8-2) There are no easy games between Elnora and Indianapolis for the North Daviess Cougar football team at this point in the season. After dismantling, Springs Valley in the opening round of sectional last Frida
- Perkins finishes second, advances to state finals NASHVILLE -- Barr-Reeve's Jarit Perkins got his ticket to the IHSAA Cross Country State Championship stamped Saturday after placing second at the Brown County Semistate at Eagle Park just outside of Nashville. Perkins, a sophomore, finished the cour
Vikings take down Lions for sectional title
When the Barr-Reeve volleyball team defeated Loogootee on Saturday in the sectional championship, half of the arena exploded into cheers and applause. The other half fell silent. Barr-Reeve fans stormed the court, hugging players and throwing confetti made out of toilet paper. Loogootee fans headed towards the exits.
Washington falls to Brownstown Central in sectional action
The Washington Hatchets fought hard but in the end couldn’t match the firepower of one of Indiana’s best high school football teams as unbeaten Brownstown Central claimed a 62-30 Class 3A Sectional 31 win at Hatchet Hollow on Friday.
Lengacher runs through Springs Valley for Sectional victory, 50-18
In last Friday's 67-24 win on Senior Night, North Daviess senior tailback Colton Lengacher had one of the best games of his career. In the opening game of the Class A sectional, he did better.
The Cougars (8-2) defeated Springs Valley (1-9) 50-18 behind 376 rush yards and six touchdowns from Lengacher Friday night at Cougar Valley
- Hatchets fall in sectional opener JASPER The Washington Hatchet volleyball team has made big strides over the last 12 months. However, they also know that to take the next big step, it will mean getting past the Jasper Wildcats. The Wildcats defeated Washington in three games on Thu
- Cougars defeat Cardinals, move on to semis LOOGOOTEE -- The North Daviess volleyball team had an up and down year, but in its sectional opener there were no problems to see. The Cougars (11-22) defeated Washington Catholic (0-21) in three straight sets (25-11, 25-9, 25-7) to advance to Saturd
- Vikings get past Rivet in sectional LOOGOOTEE -- In the opening round of Sectional 63 at Loogootee on Thursday night, Vincennes Rivet had to hope in would catch Barr-Reeve in a predicament. With rivalry games potentially on the horizon on Saturday against North Daviess and possibly Lo
- The great postseason To paraphrase Charlie Brown, another baseball season has come and gone and all I got was a bag of rocks. For the third time in four years, my favorite team qualified for the playoffs but just as in 2010 and 2012, a deceitful Lucy Van Pelt yanked the
- More Local Sports Headlines