JASPER — Henry L. Beckman, 64, passed away at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center in Jasper. Born Nov. 5, 1947, in Celestine, he was the son of Anthony and Alvina (Seger) Beckman. He retired from Stylemasters Furniture, a division of Kimball International, where he had worked for many years, and previously had worked for Hoosier Desk Company in Jasper. He was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church in Jasper, Celestine Community Club, and Jasper Moose Lodge No. 1175. He enjoyed cooking, playing cards, planting flowers and playing with his two dogs. He is survived by his wife, Constance J. “Connie” (Kluesner) Beckman, whom he married July 1, 1973, in Holy Family Catholic Church in Jasper; five sisters, Sarah Beckman of Hamilton; Ruth (Thomas) Buechlein of Fort Mill, S.C., Elizabeth Beckman of Celestine, Linda Sue (Vincent) Schroering of Celestine, and Mary (Fred) Lampert of Celestine; four brothers, Michael Beckman of Charleston, S.C., Bernard Beckman of Earlham, Iowa, Thomas L. Beckman of Celestine, and Victor Beckman of Celestine; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by a brother, Eugene Beckman. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Holy Family Catholic Church. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery in Jasper. Visitation is from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Becher-Kluesner Downtown Chapel in Jasper. Memorial contributions may be made to Holy Family Catholic Church or to the Dubois County Humane Society or to a favorite charity.
Nov. 5, 1947 - April 5, 2012
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- More Obituaries Headlines