SHOALS — Gordon Leon Holt, 79, passed away at 10:15 p.m. Thursday at St. Mary’s Hospital in Evansville.
Born June 6, 1933 in Martin County, he was the son of Elmer “Jum” and Eva M. (Frye) Holt.
He was united in marriage to Frances M. Pinnick on May 17, 1958 at the Loogootee Christian Church.
He was a graduate of Shoals High School, and a retired train dispatcher for the CSX Railroad.
He is survived by one son, Mark L. Holt and wife Teri of Montgomery; one sister, Mildred Arvin of Oregon; one niece, Darlene Hobson and husband Terry of Newberry; two grand-daughters, Kellianne Webb and husband Ryne of Indianapolis, and Stephanie Yoder and husband Ben of Bloomington; one great-nephew, Craig Tharp and wife Danielle of Orlando, FL; and special friend, Joan Qualkenbush of Shoals.
He is preceded in death by his parents; wife; and a brother, Donald L. Holt.
Gordon was a member of the Shoals American Legion Post 61, and a veteran of the Korean War serving in the Air Force. He was also a member of the Shoals Christian Church, where he served as an elder and deacon.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday, at the Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Brother Matt Sullivan officiating. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery with graveside rites accorded by the American Legion Post 61.
Visitation is from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, went to be with her Lord at 5 p.m. Thursday at Select Care Hospital in Evansville after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Born June 9, 1939, in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Jacob Frederic an
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- More Obituaries Headlines