HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. — Richard Lee Bruner, 47, formerly of Loogootee, died April 15 in Gallatin, Tenn. Born Jan. 8, 1965, in Washington, he was the son of Charles Richard and Linda Lou (Probst) Bruner. A 1983 graduate of Loogootee High School, he joined the U.S. Army in 1983 and was honorably discharged in 1988 and served in the reserves until 1995. He was a member of the National Rifle Association. He was director of network services at Dollar General Corporation in Goodlettsville, Tenn., where he had been working since 2005. Richard enjoyed riding and working on his motorcycle, working out, going on trips, listening to rock music and being outside. He is survived by two daughters, Kayleigh Bruner of Indianapolis, and Sierra Bruner of Gallatin; one son, Colton Bruner of Gallatin; former wife, Brenda (Trambaugh) Bruner of Gallatin; paternal grandmother, Bertha Lillian Bruner of Loogootee; one brother, Ron Wheat Jr. of the Philippines; and three sisters, Felene Taylor of Indiana, Audrey Bruner of Florida, and Kristina Bruner of Colorado. He is preceded in death by his parents and his paternal grandfather, Charles Cletus Bruner. The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is after 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com
Jan. 8, 1965 - April 15, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines