WASHINGTON — Chris A. Purdue, 47, of Washington, died at 2:30 p.m. Monday at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born June 4, 1964, in Washington, he was the son of William L. Purdue Jr. and Betty C. (Gaines) Roberts. A 1982 graduate of Washington High School, he was the owner of Sta-Dry Waterproofing and had been a steel painter. He attended Antioch Christian Church and was a member of 20th Century Chevy Club and a men’s small Bible study group. He enjoyed muscle cars and motorcycles and was an avid hunter and fisherman. He was a wonderful father and loving husband. He is survived by his wife, Stacy (Brown) Purdue, whom he married Dec. 1, 2007; a daughter, Kirsten Purdue of Washington; his mother, Betty Roberts of Washington; and brothers and sisters, Barbra Sue Cohen of Salina, Kan., Pam Perry of Bloomington, John Perry, Tina Thomas and Bill Purdue, all of Washington. He is preceded in death by two sisters, Sherrie Perry and Kimberly A. Purdue; his father, William L. Purdue Jr.; his stepfather, Don Roberts; and his father- and mother-in-law, Bill and Carolyn Brown. The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Gill Chapel, with Bros. Dean Lengacher and Mike James officiating. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and after 9 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Preferred memorials are to American Cancer Society.
June 4, 1964 - Aug. 22, 2011
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- More Obituaries Headlines