Ruth Ann Staley, 89, of Washington, completed her earthly journey on December 19, 2012, and returned to her Father in Heaven.
She was born on Aug. 11, 1923, in Huntington, West Virginia, to Enos and Nellie Taylor. Her husband of 62 years, William H. Staley, passed on Dec. 19, 2006. They worked and raised their daughters in Robinson, Illinois before moving to North Ft. Myers, Fla. in 1991.
Ruth Ann was a faithful servant of the United Methodist Church her entire life. Ruth Ann enjoyed flower gardening, specializing in orchids while living in Florida. She kept busy crocheting and knitting, and everyone enjoyed her cooking. She was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother and was especially happy when she was with her family. She was a caring person who took pleasure in helping others.
Surviving are two daughters, Nancy Ferguson (Tom) and Billie Keeler (Joe); five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one niece.
Services will be 11 a.m. Monday at Christ United Methodist Church, 104 N. Meridian St., officiated by Pastor Ken Wells, with entombment in Alexander Memorial Park in Evansville.
Friends may visit Monday from 10 a.m. until service time at the church.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Good Samaritan Hospice, 520 S. 7th St., Vincennes, IN 47591.
Condolences may be made online at www.alexanderwestchapel.com.
- Funerals PHILIP MAY — The funeral for Philip L. May was held Wednesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ken Wells officiating. Pallbearers were Tracy Williams, Rick May, Mark May, Stuart May, Jim May and Paul Stone.DIXIE BLAND — The funeral for Dixie Bland was
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- More Obituaries Headlines