Ruth Ann Staley, 89, of Washington, completed her earthly journey on December 19, 2012, and returned to her Father in Heaven.
She was born on Aug. 11, 1923, in Huntington, West Virginia, to Enos and Nellie Taylor. Her husband of 62 years, William H. Staley, passed on Dec. 19, 2006. They worked and raised their daughters in Robinson, Illinois before moving to North Ft. Myers, Fla. in 1991.
Ruth Ann was a faithful servant of the United Methodist Church her entire life. Ruth Ann enjoyed flower gardening, specializing in orchids while living in Florida. She kept busy crocheting and knitting, and everyone enjoyed her cooking. She was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother and was especially happy when she was with her family. She was a caring person who took pleasure in helping others.
Surviving are two daughters, Nancy Ferguson (Tom) and Billie Keeler (Joe); five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one niece.
Services will be 11 a.m. Monday at Christ United Methodist Church, 104 N. Meridian St., officiated by Pastor Ken Wells, with entombment in Alexander Memorial Park in Evansville.
Friends may visit Monday from 10 a.m. until service time at the church.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Good Samaritan Hospice, 520 S. 7th St., Vincennes, IN 47591.
Condolences may be made online at www.alexanderwestchapel.com.
- Thursday's Funeral Notices MERTON TOW JR. -- The funeral for Merton Tow Jr. was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Terry Kinser officiating. Pallbearers were Martin R. Tow, Danny Tow, Steve Sorrells, Brian Tow, Devin Venters and Shelby Venters. DONNA RI
- Iva Hardwick ODON -- Iva Hardwick, 88, died at 3:56 p.m. Monday at Ketcham Memorial Center. Born Oct. 29, 1925, in St. Louis, Mo., she was the daughter of Charles and Emma (Crow) Chamberlain. She had worked as a factory line worker at RCA. She is survived by a d
- Wednesday's Funeral Notices JAMES STEVENS -- The funeral for James R. Stevens was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Gill Funeral Home, with Revs. Cheryl Jones and George Qualley officiating. Burial was in Sugarland Memory Gardens. Pallbearers were John Dosch, Kerry Williams, Mike Edwards,
- Funerals MARCELLA RUSSELL -- The funeral for Marcella Russell was at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Sullivan officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were John Owen, Richard Diamond, Jacob Ivey, Richard Ivey, Ke
- Margaret 'Peggy' Burris LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Margaret Mary "Peggy" Burris, 62, passed away Monday surrounded by family. Peggy was the daughter of Webster and Catherine Struck. She is preceded in death by her brother-in law, Robert Lennon; and sister-in law, Lolly Struck. Pegg
- Merton Tow Jr. SHOALS -- Merton Tow Jr., 80, died at 9:35 p.m. Saturday at the Garden Villa in Bedford. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery, with military graveside rites by American L
- Jonathan Heshelman ODON -- Jonathan David Heshelman, 7 months, died Friday at Riley Hospital in Indianapolis. Born Aug. 28, 2013, in Washington, he was the son of Joshua Heshelman and Melissa Hall. He went to sleep and met Jesus in his mother's loving arms. He was a ve
- Donna Richmond Donna Faye Richmond, 55, of Washington, passed away Saturday morning at her residence. Born Nov. 13, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Ralph and Phyllis Ann (Lents) McCool. She was a 1976 graduate of Washington High School and was a membe
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- More Obituaries Headlines