BURNS CITY — Mary E. Strange, 87, went to be with her Lord and Savior at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Born Aug. 19, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Stephen and Hazel (Terry) Pridemore. She was a homemaker, former member of the Martin County Council, and a faithful member of the First Christian Church in Odon. She will be missed by her family, including sons, William Strange of Burns City, Gerald W. Strange of Bedford, and Don K. Strange of Loogootee; daughters, Mary Doris King of Springville, Cheryl J. Atchley of Odon, Kathy S. King of Burns City, Karen D. Overman of Bloomfield, and Rhonda K. Arvin of Loogootee; 29 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; and sisters, Helen Shipman of French Lick, and Margaret King of Huron. Her husband, William Strange, whom she married April 19, 1942, in Shoals, died Oct. 6, 2001. Two brothers, Paul and Hubert Pridemore, and one sister, Wilma George, are also deceased. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Christian Church in Odon. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals and after 10 a.m. Saturday at the church. Condolences may be made to the family at www.queenlee.com
Aug. 19, 1925 - Jan. 8, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan