DALLAS, Texas — Joel Allen Brown Jr., 70, passed away Sunday in Kindred Hospital in Dallas. He was born on Oct. 26, 1942, in Abilene, Texas, a son of Joel Allen Brown Sr. and Cornelia Hudson Brown. He was a retired crane operator and served in the U.S. Air Force. He was preceded in death by his father Joel Brown Sr. in 1991, mother Cornelia Brown in 1994, brother Thomas Brown in 1961, niece Susan Radke in 1974, nephews David Comozzie in 1975 and Curtis Radke in 1985, son Steven Brown in 2005, wife Audrey Brown in 2007, and son Kevin Brown in 2010. He is survived by daughters Tami Brown of Alba, Texas, and Deborah Davis of Dallas; brother Vernon Brown of Harrisonburg, Va.; sisters Joanne Radke of Bartlesville, Okla., Sandra Rice of Fort Scott, Kan., and Beth Rumble of Bartlesville; stepdaughters Michelle Herring of Grapevine, Texas, Natalie Braid of Washington, and Nicole Wolf of Evansville; 11 grandchildren; and 5 great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday in the chapel of Fry-Gibbs Funeral Home, with Patrick Cannon officiating. Burial will follow in the Tigertown Cemetery with honors provided by the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard. Pallbearers will be Joseph Macaluso, Ryan Macaluso, Justin Dryer, Rob Herring, Tom Wolf, and Art Braid. Family will receive friends one hour prior to service. Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.fry-gibbs.com.
Oct. 26, 1942 - Jan. 27, 2013
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines