DALLAS, Texas — Joel Allen Brown Jr., 70, passed away Sunday in Kindred Hospital in Dallas. He was born on Oct. 26, 1942, in Abilene, Texas, a son of Joel Allen Brown Sr. and Cornelia Hudson Brown. He was a retired crane operator and served in the U.S. Air Force. He was preceded in death by his father Joel Brown Sr. in 1991, mother Cornelia Brown in 1994, brother Thomas Brown in 1961, niece Susan Radke in 1974, nephews David Comozzie in 1975 and Curtis Radke in 1985, son Steven Brown in 2005, wife Audrey Brown in 2007, and son Kevin Brown in 2010. He is survived by daughters Tami Brown of Alba, Texas, and Deborah Davis of Dallas; brother Vernon Brown of Harrisonburg, Va.; sisters Joanne Radke of Bartlesville, Okla., Sandra Rice of Fort Scott, Kan., and Beth Rumble of Bartlesville; stepdaughters Michelle Herring of Grapevine, Texas, Natalie Braid of Washington, and Nicole Wolf of Evansville; 11 grandchildren; and 5 great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday in the chapel of Fry-Gibbs Funeral Home, with Patrick Cannon officiating. Burial will follow in the Tigertown Cemetery with honors provided by the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard. Pallbearers will be Joseph Macaluso, Ryan Macaluso, Justin Dryer, Rob Herring, Tom Wolf, and Art Braid. Family will receive friends one hour prior to service. Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.fry-gibbs.com.
Oct. 26, 1942 - Jan. 27, 2013
- Funerals PHILIP MAY — The funeral for Philip L. May was held Wednesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ken Wells officiating. Pallbearers were Tracy Williams, Rick May, Mark May, Stuart May, Jim May and Paul Stone.DIXIE BLAND — The funeral for Dixie Bland was
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- More Obituaries Headlines