DALLAS, Texas — Joel Allen Brown Jr., 70, passed away Sunday in Kindred Hospital in Dallas. He was born on Oct. 26, 1942, in Abilene, Texas, a son of Joel Allen Brown Sr. and Cornelia Hudson Brown. He was a retired crane operator and served in the U.S. Air Force. He was preceded in death by his father Joel Brown Sr. in 1991, mother Cornelia Brown in 1994, brother Thomas Brown in 1961, niece Susan Radke in 1974, nephews David Comozzie in 1975 and Curtis Radke in 1985, son Steven Brown in 2005, wife Audrey Brown in 2007, and son Kevin Brown in 2010. He is survived by daughters Tami Brown of Alba, Texas, and Deborah Davis of Dallas; brother Vernon Brown of Harrisonburg, Va.; sisters Joanne Radke of Bartlesville, Okla., Sandra Rice of Fort Scott, Kan., and Beth Rumble of Bartlesville; stepdaughters Michelle Herring of Grapevine, Texas, Natalie Braid of Washington, and Nicole Wolf of Evansville; 11 grandchildren; and 5 great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday in the chapel of Fry-Gibbs Funeral Home, with Patrick Cannon officiating. Burial will follow in the Tigertown Cemetery with honors provided by the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard. Pallbearers will be Joseph Macaluso, Ryan Macaluso, Justin Dryer, Rob Herring, Tom Wolf, and Art Braid. Family will receive friends one hour prior to service. Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.fry-gibbs.com.
Oct. 26, 1942 - Jan. 27, 2013
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines