ODON — Max Freed, 86, died at 8:14 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born May 26, 1926, in Daviess County, he was the son of Ray and Dora (York) Freed. A farmer of 50 years, he was a member of First Christian Church and Veterans of Foreign Wars. He is survived by a daughter, Penny Bateman of Aurora, Ill.; grandchildren, Crystal Corwin of Odon and Jonathan Kinney of Loogootee; and four great-grandchildren. His wife, Mary L. “Sunny” (Tomey) Freed, whom he married May 18, 1951, is deceased. One son, Kelly Freed; a daughter, Peggy Kinney; and one granddaughter are also deceased. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel, with Rev. Melvin Paulus officiating. Burial will be in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Odon Chapel.
May 26, 1926 - April 5, 2013
- Georginia Willis PETERSBURG — Georginia M. Willis, 76, died at 2:50 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Medical Center, Evansville. The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg. Burial will be in Park Lawn Cemetery, Evansville. Visitation is fro
- Funerals MARJORIE CARRICO — A funeral service with liturgy of the word for Marjorie A. Carrico was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Deacon Dennis Hilderbrand officiating. Entombment will be at a later date.Pallbearers were B
- William Johnson WINSLOW — William Johnson, 88, died at 1:15 p.m. Monday at Golden Living Center, Petersburg. Graveside services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Arnold Cemetery in Petersburg. There will be no visitation.
- Funerals RON WITSMAN — The funeral for Ron Witsman was at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home, Loogootee, with Pastor Mike Strawn officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery in Odon.Pallbearers were Steve Witsman, Tyler Hostetler, Devin Hostet
- Ives 'Bud' Harper LOOGOOTEE — Ives R. "Bud" Harper, 84, died at 11:31 a.m. Tuesday at Memorial Hospital and Healthcare in Jasper. Born April 13, 1930, in Daviess County, he was the son of Denver and Ethel (Groves) Harper. Bud attended Raglesville High School until he
- funeral CLARE MANGIN —A mass of Christian burial for Clare Mangin was held at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church with Father Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John’s Cemetery with Lincoln Mangin, Kameron Mangin, Joseph Mangin, Mark
- Robert William King DANVILLE — Robert William King, 57, passed away Thursday at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.He was born July 31, 1956 in Daviess County to Robert L. King and Judith (Roby) King.On Feb. 28, 1976, he married his wife Marsha and she survives. He was
- Kent Bowman Eaton Kent Bowman Eaton, loving husband, father and grandfather passed away July 7, 2014. He was born on Dec. 21, 1945 in Plainville to Norman and Vonnell Eaton where he attended grade and high school.Kent attended Airline school with Lake Central in Chica
- John Edward Waller CARMEL — John Edward Waller, 89, passed away at 12:20 p.m. Sunday at St. Vincent Heart Hospital. He was born Nov. 9, 1924 in Daviess County to John H. Waller and Clara Dosch. He was graduate of Washington High School and Indiana University. John was
- Virginia Ruth McKown Virginia Ruth (Rogers) McKown, 93, of Washington, passed away Saturday. She was born Oct. 3, 1920 in Washington to the late Charles and Amy (Eaton) Rogers. She married Francis Reed (Bud) McKown on April 6, 1940. Virginia attended Washington High Scho
- More Obituaries Headlines