WASHINGTON — Dale Gibson, 79, died peacefully Saturday at Century Villa Rehabilitation in Greentown. He was born in Washington July 27, 1933, to Lester and Bridget (Hughes) Gibson. On June 5, 1955, Dale married Josephine (Betty) Riney. His devoted wife preceded him in death. He was a long time resident of Washington and graduated from Washington High School in 1952. During his life Dale was employed by B and O Rail Road Shops, McCord’s Corporation, K Lux Brick Company and most recently Washington High School where he retired from maintenance. After retirement, he also enjoyed working at Cornelius Manufacturing alongside his daughter and son-in-law. Dale was also a member of the Indiana National Guard 152nd infantry the 38th Mortar Platoon. His life interests include family activities, church, gardening, wood working, car maintenance, Hatchet and Indiana University basketball, and regular trips to the White Steamer to spend time with friends. Dale especially enjoyed his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He did not know a stranger, and enjoyed talking with and meeting new people. He was a member at Central Christian Church of Washington, and more recently attended Mt. Gilead Baptist Church in Hemlock. Dale is survived by his three children and their spouses, Mike (Susan) Gibson of Huntingburg, Cindy (Jeff) Cornelius of Elnora, and Barbara (Jonathan) Sanders of Greentown. He is also survived by his three brothers, Tom (Joyce) Gibson of Washington, Eddie (Helen) Gibson of Washington, and Leroy (Mary Ann) Gibson of Irmo, S.C.; grandchildren, Jason (Michele) Cornelius, Jessica Bowman, Ashley Gibson, Audrey Ann Sanders, Caleb Sanders, and Benjamin Sanders; stepgrandchildren, Ashley (Josh) Sipes and Austin Craig; great-grandchildren Madison Cornelius, Alex Bowman, Makenzie Bowman and Aiden Gibson; stepgreat-grandchildren, Caleb Wainman, Sierra Wainman and Isaac Sipes. Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and after noon Saturday until service at 1 p.m. at Gill Chapel, with Jonathan Sanders officiating. Memorials contributions may be made to the Washington High School Alumni Association. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
July 27, 1933 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines