ODON — Coleen B. (Bowman) Smith, 84, passed away Thursday at Good Samaritan Hospital. Coleen was born Aug. 15, 1928, in Gosport, the daughter of Claude C. and May E. (Ruppel) Bowman. She married Daniel Hobart Smith and he has passed. She worked and retired from Prairie Village Nursing Home and was a member of New Hope Christian Church. Coleen is survived by her son Robert (Barbara) Deal of Vincennes; daughter Vickie (Leo) Padgett of Loogootee; stepdaughter Judy (Earl) Terpstra of Washington; stepson Bill (Marilyn) Smith of Summerville, S.C.; two granddaughters; five grandsons; three great-granddaughters; one great-grandson; two stepgrandsons; one stepgranddaughter; five stepgreat-grandsons, one stepgreat-granddaughter; sister Mary Alice Loudermilk of Brazil, Ind.; and brother Russell Bowman of Brazil. She is preceded in death by her parents, husband, four brothers and one sister. The family will receive friends Tuesday at New Hope Christian Church from 10 a.m. to noon. Funeral services will begin at noon Tuesday also at the church with burial following at Sugarland Memory Gardens. Memorial contributions may be made to the New Hope Christian Church. Arrangements are being made through Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home, Vincennes Chapel, 313 Church St. Friends may leave online condolences at www.fredrickandson.com.
Aug. 15, 1928 - Nov. 22, 2012
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan