LOOGOOTEE — Larry E. Spears, 69, died at 7:55 a.m. Tuesday at Martin County Health Care and Rehab Center in Loogootee. Born Nov. 22, 1943, in Martin County, he was the son of George F. and Thursa Mae (Hote) Spears. He had worked at Isaac Sawmill for 31 years and was a U.S. Army veteran. He was a member of the Loogootee American Legion and was an avid fisherman. He is survived by one son, Eddie and wife Laura Spears of Bloomfield; one sister, Harriette Seals of Loogootee; two brothers, Joe Spears and Melvin Spears, both of Loogootee; and one granddaughter, Isabella Spears. He is preceded in death by his parents; 11 brothers and sisters; one infant daughter; and one infant son. Graveside services will be conducted at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals, with military rites conducted by American Legion and V.F.W. There will be no visitation. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
Nov. 22, 1943 - Dec. 4, 2012
- Corenna Strickland Corenna Mae Strickland, 92, of Washington, died at 3:35 a.m. Thursday at The Village of Hamilton Pointe, Evansville. Born Oct. 25, 1921, in Edwardsport, she was the daughter of George and Nellie (French) Wilson. A 1940 graduate of Edwardsport High Sc
- Betty Atchley VINCENNES -- Betty Lou Atchley, 81, passed away peacefully Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis. She was a friend to everyone she knew, an animal lover and loved playing cards with her friends. Betty was also able to help people by being
- Judith Harris MONTGOMERY -- Judith D. Harris, 65, died at 2:20 a.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Aug. 14, 1948, in Washington, she was the daughter of James A. "Hap" and Nona L. (Waggoner) Tomey. She was a pantry manager and had worked at Tokheim.
- Martha Wesner NEWBERRY -- Martha Ann Wesner, 89, passed away peacefully at her home Wednesday. Martha was born Sept. 14, 1924, in Newberry, to Felix and Anna (Manley) Sappenfield. She was preceded in death by her parents, sisters and brothers-in-laws, Jess and Mar
- John Mayhugh PLAINVILLE -- John W. Mayhugh, 89, died at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at Ketcham Memorial in Odon. Born Oct. 14, 1924, in Princeton, he was the son of Rev. Luther and Lola Mae (Woods) Mayhugh. A graduate of Corydon High School, he was a U.S. Army veteran. He
- Funerals REV. PAUL TARR -- The funeral for Rev. Paul F. Tarr was at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Pastor Johnny Simmons officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Pallbearers were Brandon Blake, Brandon Ca
- Denzil Fowler MONTGOMERY -- Denzil Fowler, 75, died at 12:17 p.m. Tuesday at Deaconess Hospital, Evansville. Born Sept. 10, 1938, in Pike County, he was the son of Hubert and Sarah (France) Threlkeld Fowler. Retired, he had owned and operated Fowler Excavating, In
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- More Obituaries Headlines