WASHINGTON — Patricia A. Fahey, 79, of Washington, passed away at 3:35 a.m. Monday at Eastgate Manor Nursing Center. Born Jan. 24, 1933, in Freelandville, she was the daughter of Wayne and Lucille (Hollingsworth) Kirk. She had worked at the Telephone Exchange in Freelandville, Freelandville Nursing Home, and at Freelandville School. She had attended Freelandville High School and was a member of Indian Prairie Church. She had belonged to Freelandville Christian Church. She is survived by one daughter and son-in-law, Debbie and Pat Murphy of Indianapolis; one son and daughter-in-law, Rod and Shannon Fahey of Plainville; two brothers, John Kirk of Florida and Charles Kirk of Oregon; three grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and seven stepgreat-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her first husband, Everrette Fahey; her second husband, Hershel Emmel; sons, Gary and Gene Fahey; her mother, Lucille Shores; her father, Wayne Kirk; her stepfather, Richard Shores Sr.; a half brother, Richard Shores; and a sister, Emma Carpenter. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Indian Prairie Cemetery. There will be no visitation. Arrangements are being made through Ed Lee Mortuary. Online condolences may be made at www.edleemortuary.com.
Jan. 24, 1933 - July 9, 2012
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines