PLAINVILLE — Ralph Donald “Pedro” Barnes, died at 1:19 p.m. Tuesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 29, 1927, in Edwardsport, he was the son of Reason and Celeste (Dyer) Barnes. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and retired from Cinergy Edwardsport Generation Plant after 25 years. He was also owner/operator of Barnes Septic Service since 1959. He attended Edwardsport Christian Church and was a member of the Lions Club, V.F.W., American Legion and Edwardsport Masonic Lodge 429, where he was a 25 year member of the Shriners. Ralph lived his life to the fullest and will be missed by all. Pedro never met a stranger. He is survived by his wife, Sallie (Loper) Barnes, whom he married Nov. 13, 1989; daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Larry Ball of Freelandville; son and daughter-in-law, Kenny and Sarah Barnes of Westphalia; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; stepdaughters and their husbands, Mona and Richard Noonan of Bicknell and Faye and Joe Soli of Santa Rosa, Calif.; stepsons and their wives, Quentin Martin of Topeka, Les Martin of Milwaukee, Wis., and Sherman and Sharon Martin of Escanaba, Mich.; 14 stepgrandchildren; 25 stepgreat-grandchildren; sister, Virginia Wineinger of Bicknell; and brother, Kenneth Barnes of Washington. He is preceded in death by his first wife, Virginia (Pearce) Barnes. The funeral will be 2 p.m. Saturday at Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home, Bicknell Chapel, with Rev. Charles Crouch officiating. Burial will Edwardsport Town Cemetery, with military graveside services. Visitation is from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at www.mcclure-utt.com. (Aug. 24, 2010)
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan