ST. JAMES, N.C. — Robert Alfred Schild, 84, passed away Sunday at Dosher Nursing Center in Southport, N.C. Mr. Schild was born April 26, 1928, in Vincennes, the son of the late John and Susanne Bauer Schild. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Southport, and had been a member of the Knights of Columbus for over 60 years. He graduated from Indiana University Bloomington and was a fan of IU basketball. He and his wife owned and operated a printing business in Indianapolis. Mr. Schild was preceded in death by two sisters, Sue Ann Howton and Laura Schild. Surviving is his wife Suzanne Schild; a son David Schild and wife Maria of Huntersville, N.C.; a daughter, Jane Krivacs and husband Jeff of Ft. Wayne; a sister, Jane Shepherd and husband Marion of Washington; and three grandchildren, Emily Schild, Katie Krivacs, and Sam Krivacs. The funeral mass will be held at noon Friday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church with Rev. Trent Watts officiating. A reception will follow at the church. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105. You may send online condolences to www.peacocknewnamwhite.com Arrangements are being made through Peacock-Newnam and White Funeral and Cremation Service, Southport, N. C.
April 26, 1928 - Nov. 4, 2012
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- More Obituaries Headlines