ST. JAMES, N.C. — Robert Alfred Schild, 84, passed away Sunday at Dosher Nursing Center in Southport, N.C. Mr. Schild was born April 26, 1928, in Vincennes, the son of the late John and Susanne Bauer Schild. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Southport, and had been a member of the Knights of Columbus for over 60 years. He graduated from Indiana University Bloomington and was a fan of IU basketball. He and his wife owned and operated a printing business in Indianapolis. Mr. Schild was preceded in death by two sisters, Sue Ann Howton and Laura Schild. Surviving is his wife Suzanne Schild; a son David Schild and wife Maria of Huntersville, N.C.; a daughter, Jane Krivacs and husband Jeff of Ft. Wayne; a sister, Jane Shepherd and husband Marion of Washington; and three grandchildren, Emily Schild, Katie Krivacs, and Sam Krivacs. The funeral mass will be held at noon Friday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church with Rev. Trent Watts officiating. A reception will follow at the church. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105. You may send online condolences to www.peacocknewnamwhite.com Arrangements are being made through Peacock-Newnam and White Funeral and Cremation Service, Southport, N. C.
April 26, 1928 - Nov. 4, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines