ODON — Betty May McDonald, 77, passed away at 11 a.m. Monday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born April 24, 1935, in Edwardsport, to William H. and L. Louvena (Williams) Scott. As a teenager, she worked in her father’s restaurant, “Scottie’s Place,” in Elnora. She graduated from Elnora High School in 1953. On Aug. 22, 1953, she married Wilbur Lee McDonald in Newberry. Betty and Wilbur were charter members of the White River Valley Antique Association. For many years, Betty was a member of the WRVAA Planning Committee. She was also a life member of the Ladies Auxiliary of V.F.W. Post 9627 in Odon. Betty and her family operated the Grist Mill at the Pioneer Village during the Indiana State Fair for 20 years. She was a homemaker who helped her husband on their 160-acre dairy farm. She enjoyed working in her flower garden, camping, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends. She is survived by two daughters, Christa Vosters and Carrie Grimard and son-in-law Mike Grimard, all of Odon. She is also survived by three grandchildren, Cindy (Steve) Shafer of Newberry, Stacey Vosters and Eugene Vosters, both of Odon, as well as two great-grandsons, Wyatt Shafer and Joshua Shafer of Newberry. Betty also leaves behind special friend and companion, Don Bodager of Crawfordsville, and “adopted grandchildren” Sarah Chestnut of Bloomington, Zach Cornwell of Odon and Tyson Craig of Odon. Betty was preceded in death by her parents; her brother, Robert Scott; her husband; and her son-in-law, Eugene Vosters. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel. Graveside services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Mt. Nebo Cemetery near Newberry. Those wishing to attend can meet at the funeral home at noon. IN lieu of flowers and mementos, the family requests that memorial gifts be designated to rheumatology research at Mayo Clinic. Gifts can be mailed directly to Mayo Clinic, Department of Development, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905 or given online at www.mayoclinic.org or to the Bloomington Hospital Foundation Greatest Need, P.O. Box 1149, Bloomington, IN 47402 or given online at www.bloomingtonhospitalfoundation.org.
April 24, 1935 - Nov. 5, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines