ODON — Betty May McDonald, 77, passed away at 11 a.m. Monday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born April 24, 1935, in Edwardsport, to William H. and L. Louvena (Williams) Scott. As a teenager, she worked in her father’s restaurant, “Scottie’s Place,” in Elnora. She graduated from Elnora High School in 1953. On Aug. 22, 1953, she married Wilbur Lee McDonald in Newberry. Betty and Wilbur were charter members of the White River Valley Antique Association. For many years, Betty was a member of the WRVAA Planning Committee. She was also a life member of the Ladies Auxiliary of V.F.W. Post 9627 in Odon. Betty and her family operated the Grist Mill at the Pioneer Village during the Indiana State Fair for 20 years. She was a homemaker who helped her husband on their 160-acre dairy farm. She enjoyed working in her flower garden, camping, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends. She is survived by two daughters, Christa Vosters and Carrie Grimard and son-in-law Mike Grimard, all of Odon. She is also survived by three grandchildren, Cindy (Steve) Shafer of Newberry, Stacey Vosters and Eugene Vosters, both of Odon, as well as two great-grandsons, Wyatt Shafer and Joshua Shafer of Newberry. Betty also leaves behind special friend and companion, Don Bodager of Crawfordsville, and “adopted grandchildren” Sarah Chestnut of Bloomington, Zach Cornwell of Odon and Tyson Craig of Odon. Betty was preceded in death by her parents; her brother, Robert Scott; her husband; and her son-in-law, Eugene Vosters. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel. Graveside services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Mt. Nebo Cemetery near Newberry. Those wishing to attend can meet at the funeral home at noon. IN lieu of flowers and mementos, the family requests that memorial gifts be designated to rheumatology research at Mayo Clinic. Gifts can be mailed directly to Mayo Clinic, Department of Development, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905 or given online at www.mayoclinic.org or to the Bloomington Hospital Foundation Greatest Need, P.O. Box 1149, Bloomington, IN 47402 or given online at www.bloomingtonhospitalfoundation.org.
April 24, 1935 - Nov. 5, 2012
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, went to be with her Lord at 5 p.m. Thursday at Select Care Hospital in Evansville after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Born June 9, 1939, in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Jacob Frederic an
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- More Obituaries Headlines