LOOGOOTEE — Billy Leland Wildman, 82, passed away at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at Martin County Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Oct. 28, 1930, in Loogootee, he was the son of Leland and Elva (Jones) Wildman. A graduate of Loogootee High School, he served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1952-1954 in Korea. He was a retired farmer and drove a school bus for the Loogootee School Corp. for 22 years. He also worked for Riverview Farms in Washington. He is survived by a son and daughter-in-law, Norman and Debra Wildman of Loogootee; a son, Billy Dean Wildman of Shoals; a daughter-in-law, Anita Wildman of Loogootee; a brother, Gary Wildman of Greenwood; grandchildren, Brian Wildman, Brandon Wildman, Sara Hamden, Megan Mersinger, Wesley Wildman, Daniel Wildman, Ashley Williams, Nathan Williams, Angela Mandabach, Stephanie Wildman and Megan Wildman; special neighbors, Lisa Jones and Jack Lee; 12 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. His wife, Mable Sue (Heshelman) Wildman, whom he married April 8, 1956, died April 9, 1994. One son, Steven; two brothers; and one sister are also deceased. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Lee Funeral Home in Loogootee. Burial will be in Mt. Union Cemetery, with military graveside rites conducted by the Loogootee American Legion and V.F.W. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.queenlee.com.
Oct. 28, 1930 - Nov. 7, 2012
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines