MUSCATINE, Iowa — Cathy June Ahlf, 53, died at her home in the presence of her family on Sunday. Cathy attended Washington High School. Her greatest passion was being a mother and grandmother. She enjoyed shopping, crafting, camping, and being a Harley mama. She is survived by her husband, Daniel Ahlf, whom she married Feb. 13, 1999. She is also survived by her mother, Mona June Small; her father, Wayne Elliott; her sons and daughter-in-law, David Speakman, Jason and Angela Speakman; her birth son, Kevin and Heather Elliott, and her stepchildren, Michael and Teresa Ahlf and Amanda Foster; her brothers and sisters, Mark and Ami Elliott, Jeff Elliott and Brenda Vaal, Cheryl and John Vaughn, Brett and Debbie Beaur, Tim and Cindy Ahlf, Tony and Libby Ahlf, and Bill and Teresa Boots; 17 grandchildren; and 16 nieces and nephews. Her children, Keith Speakman and Heidi Speakman, and her grandparents, Clyde “Peanut” and Cordia Arthur, preceded her in death. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Bro. Mark Elliott officiating. Visitation will be 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ed Lee Mortuary. In lieu of flowers, Cathy asked that all donations be forwarded to the American Cancer Society, designated for pancreatic cancer research. Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.edleemortuary.com.
Died Nov. 11, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines