WASHINGTON — Patricia A. Mumma, 69, of Washington, died Monday at her residence. Born May 29, 1944, in Greene County, she was the daughter of Julian and Pauline (Huey) Duncan. A member of Temple Baptist Church, she had been a clerk at Johnson Oil Co./Big Foot. She was also a Pink Lady at Daviess Community Hospital. She is survived by her daughters, Sheryl L. Mumma of Washington and Polly Hall of Bicknell; five grandchildren, Shelby Atchley, Kimberly Hall, Angie Long, Nathaniel Long and Tyler Long; 14 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Jean Mauder of Haysville. Her husband, Lacey L. Mumma Sr., whom she married Aug. 1, 1964, died Jan. 22, 2011. Her son, Lacey L. Mumma Jr., died in 1966. Her parents and a sister, Barbara Carrico, are also deceased. The funeral will be at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Washington Chapel, with Rev. George Faith officiating. Visitation is after 4 p.m. at the funeral home.
May 29, 1944 - June 10, 2013
Corenna Mae Strickland, 92, of Washington, died at 3:35 a.m. Thursday at The Village of Hamilton Pointe, Evansville. Born Oct. 25, 1921, in Edwardsport, she was the daughter of George and Nellie (French) Wilson. A 1940 graduate of Edwardsport High Sc
- Betty Atchley VINCENNES -- Betty Lou Atchley, 81, passed away peacefully Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis. She was a friend to everyone she knew, an animal lover and loved playing cards with her friends. Betty was also able to help people by being
- Judith Harris MONTGOMERY -- Judith D. Harris, 65, died at 2:20 a.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Aug. 14, 1948, in Washington, she was the daughter of James A. "Hap" and Nona L. (Waggoner) Tomey. She was a pantry manager and had worked at Tokheim.
- Martha Wesner NEWBERRY -- Martha Ann Wesner, 89, passed away peacefully at her home Wednesday. Martha was born Sept. 14, 1924, in Newberry, to Felix and Anna (Manley) Sappenfield. She was preceded in death by her parents, sisters and brothers-in-laws, Jess and Mar
- John Mayhugh PLAINVILLE -- John W. Mayhugh, 89, died at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at Ketcham Memorial in Odon. Born Oct. 14, 1924, in Princeton, he was the son of Rev. Luther and Lola Mae (Woods) Mayhugh. A graduate of Corydon High School, he was a U.S. Army veteran. He
- Funerals REV. PAUL TARR -- The funeral for Rev. Paul F. Tarr was at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Pastor Johnny Simmons officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Pallbearers were Brandon Blake, Brandon Ca
- Denzil Fowler MONTGOMERY -- Denzil Fowler, 75, died at 12:17 p.m. Tuesday at Deaconess Hospital, Evansville. Born Sept. 10, 1938, in Pike County, he was the son of Hubert and Sarah (France) Threlkeld Fowler. Retired, he had owned and operated Fowler Excavating, In
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Corenna Strickland