WASHINGTON — Catherine “Jeanette” Riney, 92, of Washington, died at 3:48 a.m. Tuesday at Hillside Manor Nursing Home. Born April 13, 1921, in Washington, she was the daughter of Michael P. and Anne E. (Stone) Sahm. A 1939 graduate of Washington Catholic High School, she was a homemaker and formerly a bookkeeper for local businesses in Washington. The last job she had was working for Ward and Hudson Ford Garage. She was a member of Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, Legion of Mary and R.S.V.P. She volunteered in the nursing homes and Emerald House. She is survived by two sons and daughters-in-law, Steve and Pat Riney of Washington and Ken and Jan Riney of Terre Haute; six grandchildren, Cindy Palmer of Evansville, Melissa Traylor of St. Joseph, Mich., Christy Riney of California, Eric Shrader of Painesville, Ohio, Shane Stephens of Terre Haute, and Matt Riney of Washington; and 14 great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her parents; three sisters, Naomi Sahm, Virginia Sahm and Juanita Hughes; and one brother, J. Clarence Sahm. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial will be in St. John Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, with a wake service at 4 p.m., at Ed Lee Mortuary. Memorial donations may be given to Immaculate Heart of Mary Adoration Chapel, 315 N.E. Third St., Washington, IN 47501. Condolences may be sent online at www.edleemortuary.com
April 13, 1921 - June 11, 2013
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines