MONTGOMERY — Ben A. Graber, 88, died at 9 p.m. Friday at his home. Born Feb. 15, 1924, in Daviess County, he was the son of Amos and Anna (Graber) Graber. He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He is survived by his wife, Margaret (Knepp) Graber, whom he married Nov. 4, 1948; six sons and daughters-in-law, Larry Wayne and Naomi Ruth Graber, Norman and Rosemary Graber, Delbert and Dinah Graber, Mark and Fannie Graber, all of Montgomery, Ben Jr. and Dorothy Graber of Loogootee, and Jerome and Rosemary Graberof Medina, N.Y.; four daughters and sons-in-law, Joan and DeWayne Wagler of Odon, Dorothy and Abraham Wagler, Mary Ruth and Norman Wagler, and Margie Rose Graber, all of Montgomery; brothers and sisters-in-law, John and Verda Graber of Odon, and Amos and Miriam Graber of Montgomery; one sister, Rosa Graber of Odon; 53 grandchildren; and 65 great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Henry and Joe Graber; and three sisters, Viola Lengacher, Ida Graber and Lydia Graber. The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Monday at the family residence in Montgomery. Burial will be in Stoll Cemetery in Montgomery. Visitation is until the hour of service Monday at the family residence. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery.
Feb. 15, 1924 - May 18, 2012
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines