Jennifer Lee Collins, 76, of Washington, died at 8 a.m. Friday at her residence.
Born Aug. 29, 1936, in Dubois County, she was the daughter of Fred and Louise (Nuekam) Stamm. A homemaker, she had worked at Dr. Roy Simpson’s office for several years and the Washington Trustee’s Office. She was a member of Washington Free Methodist Church, where she belonged to the Women’s Ministries International. She also was a member of the Gideon’s Ladies Auxiliary and was the 1953 Miss Dubois County.
Survivors include three daughters, Tami (Michael) Harrod and Traci (Sam) Abel, all of Plainfield, and Tanya (Lynn) Stoll of Washington; three sons, Tim (Cheryl) Collins of Greenville, Ohio, Tom Collins of Washington, and Terry (Cheryl) Collins, of Venice, Fla.; two sisters, Joan Fuhraman and Norma Blackgrave, both of Jasper; 6 grandchildren; and one great-grandchild on the way.
She is preceded in death by her parents; four brothers, Sylvester, Grifin, Richard and Kenneth Stamm; and one sister, Loretta Eisenhut.
A funeral service will at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Washington Free Methodist Church with Revs. Wayne Neeley and Bill Stotts presiding. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Gideon’s/Good Sam Hospice or Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Arrangements are through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home.
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
- Ruth Gilmore Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- Norma Lee SHOALS — Norma June Lee, 76, died Tuesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Born April 14, 1938, in Dover Hill, she was the daughter of Raymond and Etta (Roberts) Sanders. She was a graduate of Vincennes University and had formerly worked a
- Helen Dages Helen Margaret Dages, 88, died Wednesday. She was born Nov. 3, 1925, in Montgomery, to John and Mary (Westhafter) Kennedy. Helen married Paul James Dages June 10, 1950. She graduated from Montgomery High School in 1943 and furthered her education, gr
- David Bean David Ira Mitchell Bean went to be with his Lord Monday due to a tragic accident. He was born Jan. 25, 1954, to the late Ben and Eva Bean in Sturgis, Kentucky. He was a 1972 graduate of Barr-Reeve High School and a 1976 graduate of St. Louis Christi
- Anita 'Jody' Hawkins SHOALS — Anita J. "Jody" Hawkins, 73, passed away at 12:03 a.m. Tuesday at Westview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Bedford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- Ralph Goodpaster BURNS CITY — Ralph Edward Goodpaster, 72, died Saturday at his home. Born May 3, 1942, in Rushville, he was the son of Russell and Maybelle (Hankins) Goodpaster. A 1959 graduate of Loogootee High School, he also graduated from Vennard Christian Colle
- More Obituaries Headlines