Jennifer Lee Collins, 76, of Washington, died at 8 a.m. Friday at her residence.
Born Aug. 29, 1936, in Dubois County, she was the daughter of Fred and Louise (Nuekam) Stamm. A homemaker, she had worked at Dr. Roy Simpson’s office for several years and the Washington Trustee’s Office. She was a member of Washington Free Methodist Church, where she belonged to the Women’s Ministries International. She also was a member of the Gideon’s Ladies Auxiliary and was the 1953 Miss Dubois County.
Survivors include three daughters, Tami (Michael) Harrod and Traci (Sam) Abel, all of Plainfield, and Tanya (Lynn) Stoll of Washington; three sons, Tim (Cheryl) Collins of Greenville, Ohio, Tom Collins of Washington, and Terry (Cheryl) Collins, of Venice, Fla.; two sisters, Joan Fuhraman and Norma Blackgrave, both of Jasper; 6 grandchildren; and one great-grandchild on the way.
She is preceded in death by her parents; four brothers, Sylvester, Grifin, Richard and Kenneth Stamm; and one sister, Loretta Eisenhut.
A funeral service will at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Washington Free Methodist Church with Revs. Wayne Neeley and Bill Stotts presiding. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Gideon’s/Good Sam Hospice or Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Arrangements are through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home.
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines